humidity trouble uk

fuzzhc

Recently I have had trouble maintaining the humidity in my female panthers xl reptibreeze cage. It used to sit about 50% but now sits roughly 38% only a couple of hours after spraying by hand. I have put cling film on 3 sides and even blocked off half the top with a sheet of acrylic which will hold water droplets on the screen for most of the day. At first it wasn't too bad because work was kinda quiet and I was in to spray 4 or 5 times a day but now that it's picked up I only really have enough for 3.

My question is what would be the best option a fogger ( to maintain humidity but probably not get enough water to drink from although I can still hand spray for drinking water,
A mister but would that raise the humidity enough without having to add drainage?
Or would a rain dome be enough to raise the humidity?
Or even as simple as add more foliage be enough to keep the humidity for a longer period?

Here's a pic of her set up
DSC_0004.jpg

I cover three sides of my cages with a plastic sheeting that is mainly there to stop water splashing on the walls but it does help keep humidity up.

Remember they need peaks of high humidity, not constant so if you are getting a nice peak at spraying and she is drinking and not dehydrated you should be fine m

It peaks up to 80 when I'm spraying and a couple hours later down to 38%. She nearly always drinks when I am spraying but she has started to look rather dehydrated with some wrinkles in her skin. If I'm not mistaken the humidity is to be between 50-70 even after misting has it not?

As long as you get them peaks I wouldn't worry too much about specific numbers. You could try using a dropper to help with hydration. Just make sure you have a container to catch any water below the dropper to avoid spillages.

Cool thanks. I was just worried about the effects it could have on their respiratory system, breathing in drier air. I'll set up some homemade dripper tonight then :D

I have tried all different things to help my cage. South west of the uk by the way....

I currently have tongue and grove plastic boards that are about 10mm thick with corner pieces and silicon all around the bottom. It makes it super water tight and costs about £30 to do a large reptibreeze. No matter what I have done the humidity this time of year is so dry that unless you have a cool mist humidifier set on low you won't get it up. Mines at about 30-35 at lowest and spikes to 60-70, higher end as the day goes on and the soil in the pots become damper through my home made rain dome.

Like Bradly said it's the spikes that are more important than a constant

I have had my 4 month old veiled cham now for 2 days and was slightly worried about my humidity but after reading on here that as long as it is around 50% i should be fine am now going to have a water bowl to catch water that falls from my big dripper, he has been drinking the water so have no worries there. He is eating around 4 to 5 locusts per day and seems happy enough, should i be feeding him more than this?

I remember worrying too much about everything. My panthers humidity is all over the place. One min it won't go above 50 the next it gets to 80 in the winter it his 40 tops and he is still alive and kicking! As long as you mist and you see him drinking (more important in my eyes) then don't worry too much.

As for the food I would feed until he stops eating that's what I did.try 3-4 times a day if you can at early age

Back
Top Bottom