humidity controll

randomryan007

so today I was messing around with a humidifier well I figured out how to make tubing for it and split it off so I can pump the water vapors from it. I will post picks soon. great thing about it is it also becomes a dripper due to the condensation build up. its kinda like an industrial fogger. lol might need to put this bad boy on a timer.

sarahog

Can't wait to see pics and hear more about how this works! Summer is on it's way and I live in the DESERT so humidity is so hard to get stable here, always looking for new devices to make my life (and my Chams) easier and more enjoyable!

randomryan007

make sure you cover the back and sides! I am sitting at 60% humidity in between the low and medium setting.I've gotten it up to 100% with out the chams in the cage I try to stick around 60% to 75%

randomryan007

oh yeah The one I got is a cold mist humidifier. just for your info. when I put it on my chams cage a week later they started shedding. I noticed they sit under the humififier. my female has already shedded and my veil is shedding as we speak. I picked up a warm mist humidifier and in the works of modding it for winter. I'll get pics up as soon as I get it done.

It will become tough to clean once mold starts growing/forming inside the pvc. You will have to clean your humidifier and somehow find a way to clean the inside of those pvc pips or your asking for respiratory problems.

randomryan007

It will become tough to clean once mold starts growing/forming inside the pvc. You will have to clean your humidifier and somehow find a way to clean the inside of those pvc pips or your asking for respiratory problems.
awww problem solved. they make a brush for cleaning fish tank tubes and pipes. also I did not glue my pipes together easy to disasimble. easy to clean. alittle bleach and white vinager works wonders.

thanks for the advice!

Texameleon23

Thanks for posting this randomryan007, I just bought a humidifier at target and this works extremely well. The humidity was at 40 and quickly went to 55 pretty quick. My chameleon Huey thanks you too :)

here's a pic of it

jaglon53

I have a very similar contraption

I'm using the walgreens cool mist humidifier and you know the cricket keeper tubes I have two attached. I'm just worried about uri due to them breathing the mist in. So now I just have it go mid range on 24:24:48 screen cage. It just makes everything wet and never dries. I guess your right with a timer it would make it useful. I probably could attach it the zoo med humidity control and it be very functional at controlling exact humidity. Mine has a 2gallon holder on it so usually last for 48 hours before running out. Just a thought.
Nice diy though.

Top Bottom