humidity controll

randomryan007

so today I was messing around with a humidifier well I figured out how to make tubing for it and split it off so I can pump the water vapors from it. I will post picks soon. great thing about it is it also becomes a dripper due to the condensation build up. its kinda like an industrial fogger. lol might need to put this bad boy on a timer.

Can't wait to see pics and hear more about how this works! Summer is on it's way and I live in the DESERT so humidity is so hard to get stable here, always looking for new devices to make my life (and my Chams) easier and more enjoyable!

sorry I went MIA but my dog of 11 yrs died. so here's the pics

I bought this
DSC02332.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

DSC02335.jpg

DSC02334.jpg

DSC02336.jpg

DSC02337.jpg

make sure you cover the back and sides! I am sitting at 60% humidity in between the low and medium setting.I've gotten it up to 100% with out the chams in the cage I try to stick around 60% to 75%

oh yeah The one I got is a cold mist humidifier. just for your info. when I put it on my chams cage a week later they started shedding. I noticed they sit under the humififier. my female has already shedded and my veil is shedding as we speak. I picked up a warm mist humidifier and in the works of modding it for winter. I'll get pics up as soon as I get it done.

It will become tough to clean once mold starts growing/forming inside the pvc. You will have to clean your humidifier and somehow find a way to clean the inside of those pvc pips or your asking for respiratory problems.

It will become tough to clean once mold starts growing/forming inside the pvc. You will have to clean your humidifier and somehow find a way to clean the inside of those pvc pips or your asking for respiratory problems.
awww problem solved. they make a brush for cleaning fish tank tubes and pipes. also I did not glue my pipes together easy to disasimble. easy to clean. alittle bleach and white vinager works wonders.

thanks for the advice!

Thanks for posting this randomryan007, I just bought a humidifier at target and this works extremely well. The humidity was at 40 and quickly went to 55 pretty quick. My chameleon Huey thanks you too :)

here's a pic of it

5677017756_6a3c4421d7.jpg

I have a very similar contraption

I'm using the walgreens cool mist humidifier and you know the cricket keeper tubes I have two attached. I'm just worried about uri due to them breathing the mist in. So now I just have it go mid range on 24:24:48 screen cage. It just makes everything wet and never dries. I guess your right with a timer it would make it useful. I probably could attach it the zoo med humidity control and it be very functional at controlling exact humidity. Mine has a 2gallon holder on it so usually last for 48 hours before running out. Just a thought.
Nice diy though.

Back
Top Bottom