Humidifier Information Please.

VeiledOwner87

like most of us, we would all like our humidity that much higher. i need to do that in my room, because my house is very dry. my day time humidity with the mistings is fine each day, but i would like my Multi. to have higher humidity at night and in the morning. i am going to be going with a cool mist, but what i would like to know is, what is better? ultrasonic or can a regular one be just as fine? is it better running pipe into his cage, or would it be better to have it outside giving the same amount to the whole room. i want to do the safest and healthiest thing.

I prefer the ultrasonic cool mist types because there is some droplet condensation on the foliage that can stimulate a bit of drinking just in case the cham wants it. I also think it helps keep the foliage cleaner too. And, the "cool" mist is just about room temp, not heated like a classic vaporizer's mist. Cool mist ultrasonics don't use a wick which needs to be replaced and can really harbor bacteria. I also prefer piping the mist into the cage rather than trying to humidify the entire room. The unit doesn't need to run nearly as often or as long.

very well to both of your suggestions. i like sandras cause it will cost less. lol but i do love a look of fog in the cage like carlton stated. so with both opinions, does ultrasonic fogging therefore make a difference? or will any cool mist humidifier do?

humidity conversion for a standard cham cage

a great way to raise and stabilize humidity in a standard cham cage is to modify it so it is like sandfires acrylic cage. so it is solid on three sides, these are great montane cages for the added humidity. its fairly easy to modify a stock cham cage this way, the panels can go on the inside or out and the screen can be left in place, if you want to put the panels on the outside just pre-drill with a 1/16" bit and use #6x1/4" stainless screws, or if you dont want to drill your cage, you can just tape the panels in place or put them on the inside like sandfire does it . you can use frosted acrylic light panels from hd for about $8 each. http://www.sandfiredragonranch.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=105 jmo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom