How was Daytona?

Well, a few of you almost convinced me to blow off work and hop on a jet to come down there to meet some of you, but I snapped back to reality (Oh there goes gravity...) But how did it go? I trust someone took photos that they'll share with us?

My buddy Adam went to pick my female Jacksons up from FLChams...he said it pretty much sucked, he said it was 95% Ball pythons and Boas.

My buddy Adam went to pick my female Jacksons up from FLChams...he said it pretty much sucked, he said it was 95% Ball pythons and Boas.

Thats what I heard. I asked a buddy to find a collared lizard for me and he didn't find one. Said lots of snakes, and he was amazed at how many people were trying to sell orange colored geckos. He said people wanted too much money for bearded dragons.

I'd heard in the past that Daytona is a great show to be selling lizards at because it is mostly snakes for sale, so the customer to seller ratio is very good.

Steve

Let me tell you first hand, I was there and it definately was not as good as last year!! There were only two reputable cham breeders there one was FL CHAMS and the other was AMAZING BLUE REPTILES!! That was it!! The rest of the show was pretty much monitors,snakes and geckos!!

I drove 3 hours over there, and pretty much agree with what everyone has said. Lots and lots of snakes (I have enough-despite the fact my 12 year old begged me for another Ball python) and over priced bearded dragons. Tons of people, but I did not see as much getting sold as at the local shows. Mike had a great assortment and was very busy.

Hi All,
I agree I was there as a vendor and there was not alot of chameleon breeders . I think I counted including myself just selling Panthers and Veilds was three of us total. Still it was an amazing show lots of fun. This is one of the more relaxing and fun shows we all do.
Thanks and all those who didnt make it Hope to see you next year.

can i person sell many chams at a show such as this?
i was thinking if there was only 3 people selling chams that you might be able to sell alot.

can i person sell many chams at a show such as this?
i was thinking if there was only 3 people selling chams that you might be able to sell alot.

Anyone could sell if the pay the fee to be a vendor. Problem would be the cost vs. profit. It only makes sense if you can sell quite a few. It is all about market. The good thing with the local hamburg show is that you could go to the next one and gauge the market or since you have silkies, it might be worth it since more than just cham owners would buy from you.

License wise is different for every state. The Hamburg show staes: The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture requires all reptile and amphibian dealers and propagators (breeders) to be licensed through them. For more details follow the links in the State Rules section.

Last edited:
O man, that pet store is crazy and impressive for where it's at. It's off of Wickham Rd. I think it is Incredible Pets. I haven't gone in a while but they had lizards, sloths, salt water life I oogled over for ever, ALL sorts of stuff.

my friend brought me back a Veiled Cham from that store and I was interested in finding out who the breeder may be or is.They were
marketed as SunBurst Veiled ,which I've read may or may not even
exist .Regardless, she's a beautiful and doing well.Any information
would be appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom