How to keep chameleon from eating/protect the plants in his cage

DarthRasta96

So I have two live plants I got from Josh's frogs that are said to be safe for chameleons but they shipped very small, and I was wondering how I could keep my little guy Max E. Meleon from eating them till they got a bit bigger

Veileds will eat fake plants, there's no real way of stopping them other than offering a live plant they can munch on, if they eat fake plants they can become impacted or worst case scenarios choke. I recently removed most of my fake plants and added tons of new live plants to my chams enclosure and he ate them for the first 1-2 weeks

Thanks for the knowledge guys. What kind of veggies can I offer him and how do I feed them to him? Just in a big cup or something?

What kind of veggies can I offer him and how do I feed them to him?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/food/

That area of the RESOURCES, under the sub-section marked "Gutload" is a pretty good list of fruits and veggies to gutload insects with. Those same leafy greens like kale, mustard greens, turnip greens, collard greens and such can also be used to feed directly to your chameleon. You could also use small pieces of strawberry or other very small slices of fruit or vegetable. You could try clipping them to the side of the cage or to a branch he likes to walk on. The cup method might work, but that might be a bit hard to do if your chameleon is not already accustomed to cup feeding.

Back
Top Bottom