How to get rid of pool of water in exo-terra glass terrariums?

stasisb5a4

Ok, before you guys start bashing me about have glass terrariums, I know that glass isn't the way to go and my cham should be in screens. But I already bought the enclosure and don't have the funds to buy another one yet. For now, I have no choice. Ok, for my question, how can I get rid of the pool of water on the bottom of the terrarium. It's been accumulating from the misting. I don't have substrate, just paper towel.

1. google how to drill hole in glass

2. buy glass dril lbit of size you want to make hole in bottom

3. buy something to attach under the hole and drain to a bucket or just drain/drip directly into bucket or whatever else you wish to do with the water.

if you don't want something that permanent you can buy long thin tubing at petstore in the fish section find a large bucket and suck on the bottom end and keep it in the water and it will make a vaccum and suck the water out

Glass isn't that bad the reptile specific terrariums are built to have adequate ventilation, ok for the question I had this problem with mine, what you can get from a tool shop is a drill pump, it connects onto your drill and when you press the trigger it starts pumping, check them out on google

also glass drillling is realllllly hard so be carefull, if you do break it dw, you could probly silicone plexi glass in or just go with mesh

I have put pet screen on top of my potted plants in my cages to prevent my chams from coming in contact with the soil. If you do not have the means to drill a hole in the glass you may want to put down an absorbent substrate, such as spagnum moss, and use pet screen on top. The fault with this would be feeders getting down into the moss and becoming unavailable for your cham. It would also make cleaning harder, I like being able to just wipe off the floor.

You can get aquarium hoses you don't have to suck on. Pretty sure petsmart (or anywhere, really) sells manual pump type ones - saving your mouth from any nasty water! I think they were like $12.

Screw it, I'm just going to sell this kit and pick up a used 18x18x36 screens (3 of them) and 2 mistking systems for $225 tomorrow. :D

3 screen cages, 2 mistking pumps, 14 premium nozzles, 1 timer, 1 lllreptile water tank, 4 lamps, repcal calcium w/o d3, repcal herptivite, repcal calcium w/ d3 all for $225, good deal?

3 screen cages, 2 mistking pumps, 14 premium nozzles, 1 timer, 1 lllreptile water tank, 4 lamps, repcal calcium w/o d3, repcal herptivite, repcal calcium w/ d3 all for $225, good deal?

Great deal. If you don't want it let me know who's selling it. :)

I drive 3 hours to get anything from chameleon people. I live in the middle of the desert 1 hour from the closest grocery. Count yourself lucky.

Back
Top Bottom