How to feed chameleon with MBD?

...This is too fast for MBD to move this fast. Especially if he is showing no signs of folding or breaking bones. He needs immediate hydration tactics. Use massive misting hours, and showers. You need to do a liquified diet.
OK Do you have skype maybe we can talk more directly

I
...This is too fast for MBD to move this fast. Especially if he is showing no signs of folding or breaking bones. He needs immediate hydration tactics. Use massive misting hours, and showers. You need to do a liquified diet.
have him wrapped up in a towel, i will just leave him like that for a while, force feeding doesnt work he never opens his mouth, i hav e seen him drink a little bit and i have been forcing him some calcium medication. I think his eyes also have problems becuase one is closed and the other one keeps buldging every now and then

If he's drinking when you drip water on the end if his nose try sticking a cricket in between his teeth while his mouth nis opening and shutting to see if he will eat it. This is also an opportunity to ease in some calcium. Do not squirt it in! Do not squirt any medications in either...ease them in.

If he's drinking when you drip water on the end if his nose try sticking a cricket in between his teeth while his mouth nis opening and shutting to see if he will eat it. This is also an opportunity to ease in some calcium. Do not squirt it in! Do not squirt any medications in either...ease them in.
No he is not even opening his mouth. Vet say we force his lip to open and squeeze a little inside

Be careful when forcing his lips open that you don't hurt his mouth or you will end up with a mouthninfection. Have you tried dripping water on the end of his nose. You have to do it for quite a while to get them to start drinking.
Also...if you're keeping him out if the cage wrapped in a towel how is he staying warm? He's also not getting any UVB when you do that.
Even if he's on the cage floor he wont be getting UVB and may be cold too. Towels don't keep chameleons warm because they are cold blooded.

Last edited:
He's got MBD.... His ankles and forlegs have obvious breaks/folding and swelling. It's actually not surprising he's this far along. And he should be able to climb, just create him a hospital cage for now that is smaller, and then do a catch net later on as he walks more. Have you done a shower yet?

Be careful when forcing his lips open that you don't hurt his mouth or you will end up with a mouthninfection. Have you tried dripping water on the end of his nose. You have to do it for quite a while to get them to start drinking.
Also...if you're keeping him out if the cage wrapped in a towel how is he staying warm? He's also not getting any UVB when you do that. e
Even if he's on the cage floor he wont be getting UVB and may be cold too. Towels don't keep chameleons warm because they are cold blooded.
I know, the vet told me to warp him with towel that is wiht warm water

N
He's got MBD.... His ankles and forlegs have obvious breaks/folding and swelling. It's actually not surprising he's this far along. And he should be able to climb, just create him a hospital cage for now that is smaller, and then do a catch net later on as he walks more. Have you done a shower yet?
nO i have not done a shower, what is a hospital cage and a catch net later?

A hot water bottle wrapped in a towel would keep him warmerwormst not so hot that it would burn him. They don't know enough to move off something that's too hot.

You said..."Add calcium powder to the crickets? and feed him less meal worms"...yes...you need to use a phosphorous-free calcium powder at most feedings on the insects. You should use a phosphorous-free calcium/D3 powder twice a month and a vitamin powder twice a month too. It's also important to feed/gutload the insects properly with dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, squash, carrots, zucchini, sweet red pepper, sweet potato, etc. You can use a bit of fruit such as apples, pears, melon, berries too.
Proper basking temperatures allow for proper digestion so that plays a part too.

A hot water bottle wrapped in a towel would keep him warmerwormst not so hot that it would burn him. They don't know enough to move off something that's too hot.

You said..."Add calcium powder to the crickets? and feed him less meal worms"...yes...you need to use a phosphorous-free calcium powder at most feedings on the insects. You should use a phosphorous-free calcium/D3 powder twice a month and a vitamin powder twice a month too. It's also important to feed/gutload the insects properly with dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, squash, carrots, zucchini, sweet red pepper, sweet potato, etc. You can use a bit of fruit such as apples, pears, melon, berries too.
Proper basking temperatures allow for proper digestion so that plays a part too.
He is now too weak to be eating insects. i went to the vet again. We are soaking him in water with calcium stuff and some other medicine. We will be feeding him some baby bird food, and also some calcium medication

Back
Top Bottom