How to feed chameleon with MBD?

JOSHWAH

Hello All

Recently i took my Male Panther chameleon to the vet. The vet says he has MBD and constipation.
What the vet told me to do is, use a syringe and try squeeze a little a time in his mouth. Soak him in warm water with some medication for constipation and also some calcium. He looks pretty strong because he can cling on his screened wall, but mostly his eyes are close, and even if i wake him he only opens 2 eyes. The basking temperature/humidity etc is perfectly fine.
Is there anyway i can feed him liquid from a syringe because he never opens his mouth, I have also not seen him eat these few days. I tried to rub a cricket on his lip (According to youtube )but he never opens his mouth. PLease tell me how to feed him liquid and food. Thank you all

I did some research, and here are the possible problems my Chameleon might have. Edema, Stress, Vitamin A Deficiency, Dehydration. Vet Says he has Calcium Deficiency/Metabolic Bone Disease. PLease help me shorten this list so i can treat my chameleon. I do not want to loose him, he is my beautiful and my most loved pet.

Vets aren't always right especially with chams it depends on how savvy the vet is with chameleons sadly and what they did to diagnose the chameleon. Any pics?

Just because a chameleon doesn't have bent limbs and enlarged joints doesn't mean that it isn't in the earlier stages of MBD. Knowing how the diagnosis was made would be helpful. If X-rays or blood work were done then I would believe your vet.

I can't understand why now you are saying he does not have iMBD when a vet told you he has.
Because, my chameleon can climb, and his bones look perfectly fine to me. The problem now is he is a little unstable, and he is sleeping during the day with one eye closed

T
Just because a chameleon doesn't have bent limbs and enlarged joints doesn't mean that it isn't in the earlier stages of MBD. Knowing how the diagnosis was made would be helpful. If X-rays or blood work were done then I would believe your vet.
Thank you a lot. then i do believe he has mdb now

Update: I will post some photos later. And i will try feed him some oral medication without injecting them into the syringe. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/health/vet/ from this. But now the problem is, is that HE IS NOT EATING. i really need help. he is starting to look a little unstable and please, i did all the vet told me to do, but he isnt eating or drinking, please help, i would rather chop of my legs than him die

Where are you located? Maybe one of us is close to you, and could take a look. Also we NEED pictures. How long have you had him, and where did you get him?

Where are you located? Maybe one of us is close to you, and could take a look. Also we NEED pictures. How long have you had him, and where did you get him?
I live in Hong Kong. i had him for about 6 months. He is 15 months old now. I got him in a reptile shop. What photos would you like me to take, for example leg? eyes?

Anyone please help me i do not think he will last any longer. he is weak and i have him wrapped in a small towel

...This is too fast for MBD to move this fast. Especially if he is showing no signs of folding or breaking bones. He needs immediate hydration tactics. Use massive misting hours, and showers. You need to do a liquified diet.

Here are some photos of him right now

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 111
Back