How should I gain a chameleons trust?

I would simply give him some space for the first week, i didnt follow the rule much i thought itd work better if i handled him more and give him time to cruise around my room which worked for gaining his trust, its best to invest in plants for him to climb and that you could move to outside for some natural light also i noticed when i would hand mist my chameleon would be so scared and run off now when i hand mist he sits and soaks all the water you just gotta slowly work with them theyll gain your trust just be friendly and love him also hand feeding is always good!!! But im no expert im sure someone on here can give you way better tips

He is 2 months old and he is a veiled chameleon
but not very sure where. I was with my mom in petsmart when looking for one but he might not actually be from petsmart.

image.jpg

At that young of an age, I would honestly keep the handling to a very, very strict minimum. Juveniles are more likely to run and jump, which can lead to injuries. I would personally wait for him to grow up some and, in the meanwhile, see if you can experiment with tong- or hand-feeding to gain his trust

All those tips are starting to work! He doesn't run away anymore but doesn't take the food or go on my hand just yet. thank you for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom