How often and how long do you Mist Your panther chameleon

Lee Ryder

I just bought a mist king system for my panther chameleons and was setting it up and was wondering how often and how long should I mist my panther chameleons

I do at least for 2 minutes every misting session and for about 4 times a day, most people only do three times, but I've realized with my boy he enjoys that extra misting and he does better with being hydrated with that extra misting. He drinks a lot even though he's a panther. I've realized it depends on the cham. Some like longer mistings, some like shorter more often mistings.

10min super soak first thing in the morning

Then either 2-4min showers another 3 times, then a final super soak at night. I use it to keep the humidity up.

I make sure the cage dries out between mists. That is key to keep mold buildup down.

Mine loves to get wet, but as others stated, some run and hid till the rain is over.

I have a mist king also. I run it for 10 mins at 8am, 2 mins at 12pm, 10 mins at 4pm. My female runs and hides every time but my male doesn't care.

How big of a water container are people using to mist for 10 mins and then a further few mists during the day?

They flow 0.5L per minute don't they?

Back
Top Bottom