How many moths does it take

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
I was wondering how many hawk moths can I feed the chameleons at once? Over night 8 hatched. I already feed one to Larry and he loved it.
0E589FD4-AB31-4D82-B4FE-0B73D62F13AD.jpeg

That's a big meal! Personally, I'd probably only offer 1 moth every other feeding (unless they also eat some other stuff, then one every other day).
So you think one moth is a good days meal then? I was thinking about offering a silkworm to help with digestion

My husband just called me freaking out about weird noises coming from the moth cage. I know have 8 more moths(12 total) and he thought it would be funny to make a joke about us waking in the night to moths flying everywhere :rolleyes: I’m going to die to night larry can’t protect me while he sleeps.

Don’t sleep with moths in your room they are so dam annoying at night. Kinda forgot they are night insects but a few times last night they woke us and we just would stare at the cage hoping the door didn’t swing open and a horde of moths came for us. I’m really thankful the wings are deformed!

Are all of their wings deformed? What did you hatch them in? I have just a few pupating but I'm hoping I get a mating pair. They're going in the basement! I've been banned from bringing any more bugs into the kitchen or bedroom lol
I have them in normal potting mixture.honesty I don’t want them to fly lol our new house has a tiny storage room I will be keeping the bugs in now. So no more sharing space with them. I have so many more about to hatch! The chameleons love them so it’s worth the extra work. The heat will definitely make them hatch faster. My room has need getting warmer and what’s usually when they all hatch out

Back
Top Bottom