How many eggs?! Guessing

Congratulations that's alot of eggs. You'd better start saving up to buy tons of feeders. Baby veileds will eat you out of a house and home,

Congratulations that's alot of eggs. You'd better start saving up to buy tons of feeders. Baby veileds will eat you out of a house and home,

I've heard, with tax returns I saved all of my money besides buying an incubator, the money is put away for the feeders, there is about $500 there for food ^_^

I've heard, with tax returns I saved all of my money besides buying an incubator, the money is put away for the feeders, there is about $500 there for food ^_^

You probably should start breeding some crickets, start a couple of fruit fly cultures. The works. That's a hell of a lot of babies to keep up with. I have 3 baby chams and they ate 800 crickets in a month. Not to mention the escapee crickets. Good thing I have my cricket colony.

You probably should start breeding some crickets, start a couple of fruit fly cultures. The works. That's a hell of a lot of babies to keep up with. I have 3 baby chams and they ate 800 crickets in a month. Not to mention the escapee crickets. Good thing I have my cricket colony.

Yeah, I have to wait for the weather to get a bit better to get a big order of crickets to get a good colony going.

Congrats on the eggs and the nice long anxious wait. Its hard to keep from looking at them every few hours some times.....

I got 24 baby panthers right now. I tried keeping up with hatching out the crickets, but its alot of work.... It would probably be easier in the summer, but I didn't have babies then. I order 4000 1/8 and it lasts about 10 days. With some adults and 3/8's, for other pets, and shipping its about 90$ an order. Just make sure you have more than enough $$ available when the time comes. I know I couldn't be raising these right now without a credit card.

Im not trying to be a jerk. I just saw the $500 and I know that wont last long if the hatch out late, in colder months, and you have to buy crickets and ship overnight.

Congrats on the eggs and the nice long anxious wait. Its hard to keep from looking at them every few hours some times.....

I got 24 baby panthers right now. I tried keeping up with hatching out the crickets, but its alot of work.... It would probably be easier in the summer, but I didn't have babies then. I order 4000 1/8 and it lasts about 10 days. With some adults and 3/8's, for other pets, and shipping its about 90$ an order. Just make sure you have more than enough $$ available when the time comes. I know I couldn't be raising these right now without a credit card.

Im not trying to be a jerk. I just saw the $500 and I know that wont last long if the hatch out late, in colder months, and you have to buy crickets and ship overnight.

Oh no your not being a jerk at all. lol. I know it won't last, but i have all summer to save up even more. tomorrow I will be scheduling a check up for Delilah at the vet to make sure she is doing great after the egg laying. she has drank a lot, and i gave her a shower with my mist setting on the shower head, and she gulped up so much water. I can't imagine how much it would take out of them after laying so many eggs, so i am babying her for the next few days. She has only eaten a super worm and a cricket. I left three crickets in her feeding cup this morning and fed her the superworm last night.

She will be eating like a pig in tomorrow or the next day. Some take a few days to get back on a normal feed.

She will be eating like a pig in tomorrow or the next day. Some take a few days to get back on a normal feed.

alrighty! shes hanging out on the bottom of her cage. I took her out and put her in a house pothos that is massive so she can kind of free range around my living room.

If shes still hanging out around the bottom of her cage, you might want to put her back. I'm assuming she has a laying bin in there. She might not have laid them all yesterday.

Are you sure theyre aren't any lumps in her? 5-10 dont feel like much in a space that used to hold 60.

If shes still hanging out around the bottom of her cage, you might want to put her back. I'm assuming she has a laying bin in there. She might not have laid them all yesterday.

Are you sure theyre aren't any lumps in her? 5-10 dont feel like much in a space that used to hold 60.

yeah, she has no more bumps, ill put her back just incase she has more. thanks for the advice.

I had a female carpet that would dig two holes to lay eggs in. Usually like 7-8 in one then a really shallow one with 2-3. Ive never had any other chams do this though. Just thought I would mention it.

Back
Top Bottom