How many eggs?! Guessing

mine just layed sixty today so yeah ill go with that. :)

Congrats NWD! I just felt her belly and i felt a few eggs it was freaky lol. I am thinking she'll lay this week sometime or at least this weekend.
She has now been gravid for 22 days as of today 1-31-2011.

yeah

has she stopped eating yet? mine stopped eating two days before, and she stayed in the burrow for almost 2 full days.

has she stopped eating yet? mine stopped eating two days before, and she stayed in the burrow for almost 2 full days.

Not yet. i fed her today and she ate the three crickets i gave her. I am trying to figure out how to warm the sand.

hmm

is the sand in her regualar enclosure if so I wouldn't worry too much about heating it.

Don't worry about the sand. You want to control temps AFTER you put the eggs in their hatching medium.

Not all chameleons stop eating before they lay, so don't count on that. My chubchub female ate and ate and ate until she looked like a grumpy pink tennis ball with legs, a tail, and googly eyes! She couldn't eat as much as she got closer to laying, but she still waddled around the enclosure chasing down food.

Don't worry about the sand. You want to control temps AFTER you put the eggs in their hatching medium.

Not all chameleons stop eating before they lay, so don't count on that. My chubchub female ate and ate and ate until she looked like a grumpy pink tennis ball with legs, a tail, and googly eyes! She couldn't eat as much as she got closer to laying, but she still waddled around the enclosure chasing down food.

Alright, its just a 5 gallon buck almost full of damp play sand, wet enough to form it and be able to make a tunnel without it collapsing. And I kind of doubt my chameleon will stop eating, its her favorite thing to do, besides want to try and tear my hand apart if i stick my hand in her cage to feed her, but once she see's her food shes a happy little pig-cham ha. and she already has the the tennis ball look to her.

going to say 26.

hi my name is rich we have 4month old lady panther chameleon/ i will say 26 this is a good #good luck with your new babys.

Update

Thanks for guessing guys! The day is soon to be here that you all will know what the correct number is :)

Also, I just got home from school and checked on Delilah and i looked in her laying bin and she started to dig! she dug a small hole and she defecated in the bin too :rolleyes:.

also what she looked like when i got home, shes showing darker colors and is slower at eating and not so enthusiastic about it either.

also, should i cover up her test holes? this is her only one.

Last edited:
haha melric, right after i took the pic she fell asleep, little i mean big girl, had a long day carrying around those eggs and digging a hole haha!

Update #2

She is still digging today, the most that I think she has dug all week! I haven't checked on her at all today except misted her around 9 a.m. and she started to dig, I went into my room to grab something and I heard digging noises. :)

anyone have anymore guesses?! Soon we will all find out how many she has laid :)

Zac-have a great afternoon.

You need to leave her alone and not even let her see you while she is trying to lay. If you bother her you can really mess her up.

let us know how many eggs.:D

You need to leave her alone and not even let her see you while she is trying to lay. If you bother her you can really mess her up.

let us know how many eggs.:D

yep. :) I just have a blanket over her cage, and its quiet in my room, and the door is shut so none of my dogs can get it.

I will have an update later on tonight if she lays :D

She never laid today, I was in my room getting my jacket and I heard her climbing up her branches. The eggs are visible in her.

Okay new update: She is now digging again. I took the blanket off the cage when i heard her going back into her branches, and sprayed her cage, I was watching tv in my room and noticed that she was back in her bin and her tail was sticking out. so I shut the door and I am leaving her alone until she is done, hopefully she will lay, she is determined lol! I will keep up with the updates as things happen wish her the best of luck!

you can also still guess on how many eggs, she hasn't laid any eggs yet. so good luck!

Last edited:
Success!

I just got done counting the amount of eggs Delilah laid and boy there was A LOT of eggs! The total number was 62! they were the tiniest things that I have ever seen and they are going to be so cute! So i am trying to find a winner. :) there is two that i am trying to figure out right now. Its either NWD or its imcurt. and pssh (kara) there were no deformed eggs! :D

Back
Top Bottom