How many eggs?! Guessing

I had a female carpet that would dig two holes to lay eggs in. Usually like 7-8 in one then a really shallow one with 2-3. Ive never had any other chams do this though. Just thought I would mention it.

I felt her stomach and i couldn't feel any more eggs, I put her back into her cage with the laying bin, so she can lay if she really needs to.

Looks like you and me will be having baby veileds at the same time. I also got 65 eggs from my female veiled yesterday, but sadly she didn't make it. She was eggbound and I had her at the vet for a week and after another week she lost the battle. I had to open her up to get the eggs out of her and that was not a pleasant experience, but at least I can still have her babies in a few months time, just hoping that the eggs are all ok and they are going to hatch.

Looks like you and me will be having baby veileds at the same time. I also got 65 eggs from my female veiled yesterday, but sadly she didn't make it. She was eggbound and I had her at the vet for a week and after another week she lost the battle. I had to open her up to get the eggs out of her and that was not a pleasant experience, but at least I can still have her babies in a few months time, just hoping that the eggs are all ok and they are going to hatch.

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry for your loss. I have gotten so attached to my Delilah, I don't know what I would do without her, I want to try and schedule a vet app. for her to make sure that she is all healthy, she is very skinny and is able to chow down on the food. :) she only at two insects today so i hope tomorrow she'll eat more. can't wait to hear how many you have hatched out! I'm excited myself to see the eggs hatch :)

You don't have to be too worried about her eating now, give her a day or two just make sure she is hydrated. She will soon be eating like a piggy. Thanks for the sympathy, I am really missing her, so sad when I walk in the reptile room and her cage is empty. Is going to take a while for me to get use to the fact that she is gone.

You don't have to be too worried about her eating now, give her a day or two just make sure she is hydrated. She will soon be eating like a piggy. Thanks for the sympathy, I am really missing her, so sad when I walk in the reptile room and her cage is empty. Is going to take a while for me to get use to the fact that she is gone.

alrighty! and that must be heartbreaking but when your eggs hatch you can fill that cage up with a new baby :)

If shes still hanging out around the bottom of her cage, you might want to put her back. I'm assuming she has a laying bin in there. She might not have laid them all yesterday.

Are you sure theyre aren't any lumps in her? 5-10 dont feel like much in a space that used to hold 60.

I put her back into her cage and the laying bin and she is digging again. maybe there are more eggs. ?

So...she laid eggs...filled the hole in and went back to the branches and now is digging again??

yeah all afternoon she was digging again.

Uh, be very watchful. This doesn't sound like the normal routine...

Yes, I was watching her all day on and off just checking, she wasn't making big holes, but more like digging the surface and then going around the bin and digging on the opposite side and moving around a lot to dig shallow holes.

Well, if she's digging again that's better at least. I thought she wasn't digging and just at the bottom. You give her a stern talking to and tell her to get everything settled in the first hole next time!

Well, if she's digging again that's better at least. I thought she wasn't digging and just at the bottom. You give her a stern talking to and tell her to get everything settled in the first hole next time!

haha i shall. I contacted the vet today and i asked the pricing on a check up and its $30 so I think I am going to set up an appointment for her sometime this week. :)

Back
Top Bottom