how long until she lays

SULEMA2221

i have been seen her digging in her cage for about 2 to 3 days so i put a lay bin and she deosnt like it so i put her in a garban pan filled 1/4 way with moist sand she digs then stops its been 2 days of messing in sand how long does this ussually takes my other girls ussually lays in a lay bin within same day of digging around in cage

My veiled laid the day after i put in the bin. as soon as i saw her roaming around the bottom of the enclosure, i put in the bucket (home depot orange buckets) filled with 12-15 inches of moist soil. Maybe your laying bin isnt deep enough.

my lay bin in 23 inch deep i have one side moister then other psrts so she can choose where to lay... and she really dosent dig she moves sand around but never a hole like my other girls

Sometimes they dig pilot holes until they find the perfect conditions in order to lay their eggs. Also, some take 20 days after mating to lay, while others can go up to 40.

Has she seen you peeking? My girl saw me but kept going and laid all her eggs. It took her two days in total one hole she abandoned after a day, and the next day she dug and laid.

thanks guys she laid this morning all did different is made i little tunnel for her to start and she took it from there 29 eggs now i have 136 in incubator

Back
Top Bottom