How long after laying are Panther eggs safe to move?

sharlaxle

Ok, so I did a search, and didn't really find anything that addressed this topic. I have to go out of town and my gravid female just started digging holes today. Unfortunately do to a family emergency I have to leave, but I have a friend staying over to take care of my chams. Actually she's here to make sure nothing goes wrong, I feed right before I leave, and my mist king takes care of the water and she knows not to take anyone out unless there is a major emergency. However I will be gone for about 2 days. So if my little girl lays her eggs 1.57seconds after I leave will they be safe to move 2 days later or if I get trapped by this incoming snow storm even 3 days later? The only time she is to mess with my gravid females cage is to peek through and if uncertain to call me.
So how long can eggs sit and still be moveable?
Sharl

I would say if it was within a week of the eggs being laid it shouldn't be much problems as the eggs will have not started developing yet.

You can move them at any point in incubation. But you don't want to rotate them at all unless they were just laid because rotation can crush the embryo.

Hmm maybe I should say dig them up and place them in vermiculite. Unfortunatly I will be as careful as possible, but I'm pretty sure some will be turned
Sharl

Well the little rat did it. LOL She started digging as I walked out the door for my plane and after getting back 2.5 ( thank you very much winter snow storm) I dug up 24 wonderful little Nosey Be eggs. Hopefully they will make it, but at least my girl is doing fine:)
Sharl

Reactions: Cmj
They should be fine (they can generally be moved/rotated without issue within 1-2 weeks after being laid.) I'm glad she laid her eggs without any problems while you were gone.

Well I did have to laugh quietly a lot. My pet sitter must have called me every 20 minutes with updates on what she was doing and panicked questions on what was normal. LOl payback I think for what I did to my mentor the first time one of my little girls laid. :rolleyes:
Thank you all for the advice. Now I wait.
sharl

You can move them at any point in incubation. But you don't want to rotate them at all unless they were just laid because rotation can crush the embryo.
Mine just finished laying this morning. Should I go on & move them or wait? Will it hurt them if I accidentally rotated them? I Know to be careful but just don't want to do anything wrong. Mama is doing fine. That's a relief but I'm watching her

Mine just finished laying this morning. Should I go on & move them or wait? Will it hurt them if I accidentally rotated them? I Know to be careful but just don't want to do anything wrong. Mama is doing fine. That's a relief but I'm watching her
You are good to remove them. Don't worry about rotating them or anything as it won't matter at this stage.

Reactions: Cmj
Back
Top Bottom