How Has Everyone Been Affected?

CamrynTheCham22

Avid Member
Just like my title says, I am curious and wondering how all of you and your chams are being affected by the current situation with this pandemic. I am not active much on the forums so I haven't got a chance to read much of what has been going on with all the cham owners. Is everyone okay? Are everyone's cham's okay?
I also know that many stores are closed and some people aren't shipping feeders right now, so how is everyone getting their feeders?

I’m breeding dubia roaches and supers, this actually give me time to work on building trust with Coda so if anything (only considering Cham life) this is really good for us.

Knock on wood

In all Honestly, only thing that changed is I use more sanitizer, and wash my hands more often.
We Only Buy what wee need and we don't hoard anything so we are getting by just fine even though most store shelves are empty.
It's not bad here yet, but we still take precautions.

Uncle Sneaky is fine too, my pet shops say they're on high demand for feeders but they're able to meet them.
I have a Roach Colony, 200 superworms on deck, 100 waxworms, and superworms and mealworms Breeding in Towlies enclosure. Bearded Dragon. (Long Story, but I ended up keeping him)

I always have a hard time finding distilled water in stock at stores. Now it is almost impossible to find, and when you do find it you are limited to 1 gallon per person. I go through about 15 gallons per week.

We were going to set up an RO system but had decided against it. At least until we put in A utility tub in our basement. My husband just dug out his old scuba diving gear and is going to use a desalinator to attempt to make our own RO water .

Personally I am frustrated with other people’s lack of patience for those who are out there trying to help us. Many people are working around the clock to figure out solutions to our personal problems. Be kind and be patient. You are not the only person experiencing your issue. The entire world is currently going through the same exact thing.

I have a huge supply of chicken necks and chicken feet, and a good amount of dubia.

Since i make things for "defense" i will have to go to work till im dead, as in here is your mask if you cough too much. I even have a letter incase i get pulled over saying sorry officer the sensors i make are more important than this state wide lock down.

You know, my life has barely changed at all. I have been at home recently waiting to start work, so that's being delayed. Watching kids, wife's still a nurse, lord knows I have enough insects, jog in my neighborhood, lift weights in the basement, cooking a little more than before and want to buy some new guns lol. That's about it. Wife is doing all the worrying for me :).

I just get mad about how some of this is portrayed in the media. This wasn't started from people not washing hands, it was started from people eating bats and having terrible food hygiene, let's be honest. Not to say now it isn't a good idea to clean even more, but I feel this is going to create a whole generation of bubble boy syndromed people.

yeah, we just got our first confirmed case in my small town. My boss said thats it, the IT department is working from home now. Which is ok with me cause I also have a suppressed immune system from taking Enbrel.

My hubby and I are still working - he's a health inspector for restaurants and hotels, and I'm a front desk agent. We're in FL, but on the west coast, so while we have cases in our county it's not like the amount in the Miami area thankfully. Neither one of us knows how long we will be employed, but we are set for when we do lose our jobs. The dart frogs have plenty of fruit flies that the hubby makes a new batch of each week. I've got a ton of silks and superworms, so all is good here for now.

My parents both worked from home before the whole thing started and it gives me time to do workouts with my dad in the mornings and go on runs in the after noon. During the day I have to do online school and watch my little brother.....I’m going to explode if I don’t get back to school soon.

My 24 x 24 x 48 enclosures cost me 15.00..I breed bsfl, stick bugs, crickets & dubias & make my own fruit fly cultures.. I'm set in that dept. I have 2 kids and ridickuless rent, city I live in was the fastest growing city in u.s. the past few years....

I had to cancel the first vacation in many many years that I actually planned to go somewhere. :confused: I hadn’t hatched out any silkworms as I didn’t want my pet sitter to have to deal with their care. Had to order dreaded crickets. For introverts like me, life is pretty much the same as always. Thankfully am breeding discoids, mealworms, waxworms and silkworms for my menagerie. Going back to work later in the week and will have to work thru whatever may happen...am a hospice nurse. Might not be so willing to accept hugs from patients and families though.

You know, my life has barely changed at all. I have been at home recently waiting to start work, so that's being delayed. Watching kids, wife's still a nurse, lord knows I have enough insects, jog in my neighborhood, lift weights in the basement, cooking a little more than before and want to buy some new guns lol. That's about it. Wife is doing all the worrying for me :).

I just get mad about how some of this is portrayed in the media. This wasn't started from people not washing hands, it was started from people eating bats and having terrible food hygiene, let's be honest. Not to say now it isn't a good idea to clean even more, but I feel this is going to create a whole generation of bubble boy syndromed people.
Very well said my friend!

There are some advantages to living in a small bush town even though that does mean you are at the bitter end of some supply chains. I am expecting a bit of lag before some effects hit us. No reported cases here yet but I wouldn't be surprised if one shows up. I think the state reported a couple about 80 miles away. Luckily our tourist season hasn't started and we've had a pretty classic cold winter that's kept travelers away. I don't have chams now but I do have a python and aviary birds. Luckily the python doesn't eat very often, he can fast if necessary, and I buy his frozen feeders in bulk once a year. The birds can eat commonly available canned soft fruit. I usually have plenty of their nectar mix on hand as it is only cost effective to ship larger quantities here.

People haven't quite cleared out the two grocery stores but the usual things harped on by the media are gone; anything that disinfects, TP, some prepared dry staples like rice and beans. Local attractions and city offices are closed but staff is working remotely. No "shelter in place" orders. I am somewhat glad I'm retired...the whole closed office/unemployment/forced leave thing isn't a concern. My income is modest but adequate and won't really change. I am purposely NOT watching my investment portfolio tank. Nothing I can do about it anyway.

OTOH, one daily annoyance are the snowmachiners. Now that they're out of school/not working they have nothing better to do than run all the local trails hour after hour after hour. Obnoxious, thoughtless jerks that panic the wildlife, fill the air with noise and fumes. Guess I'm hoping for a gas shortage so they'll be forced to stop!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom