How do u guys hang plants or attach branches on your Zoo Med Zeptibreeze?

aimhigher38

Im thinking about upgrading my baby enclosure to an adult size enclosure very soon and I want to get some pointers,advice, tips on setting it up before I transfer my chameleon. How do u guys do it? Pictures would also be appreciated.

I use the ties you get with packaging to tie the vines to the side of the cage

Other people use zip ties and fishing line

I'm not sure how everyone else does it and would like to read the tips as well. But this is what i was thinking about when I was looking at my cage and then again at my pothos. I was thinking about taking some rope and looping it around the pot, then taking 4 pieces of rope to connect the 4 corners. I havent done it yet but looking into it.

I put a steel rod across the top, then use an s hook to hang the plants.

^go with this. I did this and my lil dude loved it. for branches, I find that tacks inserted through the screen into the stick works well. Also, using the metal internal frame from fake branches to poke through and get "hooked"

hanging

I have different size biovine to begin with. 1/2 of a large biovine to start with as an anchor, then about 30feet of different medium to small biovine. I then hang my pothos plants from the large biovine. The biovine is attached by taking small zipties and wrapping around the biovine, then I unscrew the cage panels just a teeny bit to be able to slide the long end of the ziptie thru it, then I tighten the cage panels back down, this will keep the ziptie from being pulled out. Then there is the scheflera that I have sitting on the bottow of the enclosure.

This is one of my cages.
The pothos is hanging from 50lb fishing line that I've threaded through the screen of the top and is tied to a bar of wood that sits across the two sides of the frame. And the branches are attached with thumb tacks through the screen. The smaller plants are tied to the branches using more fishing line.

img8011p.jpg

zartancage.jpg

I used tomato plant tie up posts to form a sort of a boxed frame inside the screen cage. I have one hanging plant from that frame and a smaller and on the floor. Three different size fake vines for hand comfort. Most of the flower vines and flowers are from a craft store. A big tree branch set horizontal for climbing and a really cool hand made rope bridge (even though he doesn't seem to care for it much) Everything is attached with wire ties. I used 2 inch wide aluminum pieces accross the top of the cage to support the weight of the lights, mister, and the dripper. The dripper is custom. I used a garden pressurized sprayer. I removed the nozzle and attached a1/4 inch hose to the end. It's about 3 feet and runs around the leaf vines. The hose length has pinholes at every inch to leak out onto the leaves. All you have to do is pump the sprayer and it drips throughout the cage for a half hour. Fill it once every few days.

This is one of my cages.
The pothos is hanging from 50lb fishing line that I've threaded through the screen of the top and is tied to a bar of wood that sits across the two sides of the frame. And the branches are attached with thumb tacks through the screen. The smaller plants are tied to the branches using more fishing line.

img8011p.jpg

I love how your set up in free on the bottom... It would make cleaning so much easier

wow

o my the two tanks on the bottom are amazing i would love 2 know how yall did that does anybody have instrgram add me shamoneyxl

o my the two tanks on the bottom are amazing i would love 2 know how yall did that does anybody have instrgram add me shamoneyxl

I have a How to posted on my blog post on the fourms. And I just built another cage better then this last weekend.

WOW olympia, I LOVE your set up!!!
i looped twist ties around the screws that hold the frame togeather and suspended the vine and plants from that.
im redoing it all now so very excited to see ideas :)

millsamus, that is fantastic, i did a simillar project with a terrarium for my dart frogs...
my brain is going a million miles an hour!!! oh the things i will do now!!!!

my cage is a custom wood cage... i put a brace in the top with a hanger for a hanging basket... if you need to make like step stoles to lift the pot up higher.... also some people use foam to create a 3D backaround that holds the pots... there is a blog about it somewhere.....:):D

my cage is a custom wood cage... i put a brace in the top with a hanger for a hanging basket... if you need to make like step stoles to lift the pot up higher.... also some people use foam to create a 3D backaround that holds the pots... there is a blog about it somewhere.....:):D

nvm didnt see someone had beat me to it...

Back
Top Bottom