Hanging plants

Dont have any pics, but i diy it

Get a "small" plastic pop bottle, remove the top, might want to put a pin hole in the bottom if you have good drainage.

Then just get some neodium magnets, and put one-two in the pop bottle and a matching set on the outside.

You can also do this with a tack on the inside and a snap on the outside.

d6618817-4d97-4003-b2e4-08ab12f69ca6_1.bbbe0b45aa3a7f420990726d3e96106b.jpeg

planters.from_.soda_.bottles.ad_.jpg

Lay a dowl rod across the top of the enclosure from frame to frame and loop floral wire through the screen and over the rod making a loop inside the enclosure. The weight of the plant is on the frame and not the screen.

Attachments

• 20201231_171503.jpg
    20201231_171503.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 46
I like putting plants in mini-buckets and using clamp-hooks to hang on the sides of the cage. I also use a larger plastic pot zip-type technique which doesn’t work quite as well and is harder to clean.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 53
Wow! That looks amazing! Jealous of all that manzanita too.
Thank you! I definitely am inclined to do another custom build in the future this one has been holding up pretty well 3 years strong and a cross town move.

The local reptile and fish stores in San Diego definitely made it easy to use all real wood. The color has faded but integrity still maintained.

I am torn between a tamura design enclosure or to build out another cage in the future. Just wish I had a larger footprint like 4*4*3 to accommodate the area lost to the expanding foam on the back wall. But I'm not ambitious enough to build out a custom frame and too broke to buy the tamura.

Back
Top Bottom