how do i incubate the eggs?

hi I have recently bred my chameleon, and have my laying bin set up. I did some research on ways I could, but I wasn't sure which way would be the easiest and most successful way. so I thought I would ask and get some opinions, since this is my first time breeding chameleons, and will be hatching the eggs. so if there is a list that you have, please feel free to let me know.

What species??? We need to know so we can tell you the right temperature, etc.

Once the female has laid the eggs and filled in the hole and returned hungry and thirsty to the branches you can dig the eggs up carefully.
Before you remove the eggs I would have a container ready to incubate them in and a place ready where you can put the container to incubate them.

I use a shoebox sized Tupperware container filled half full of slightly moist coarse grained vermiculite. To test the moisture level take a fist full of the vermiculite and squeeze it. Only a drop or two of water should come out of it. Make small dents in the vermiculite about an inch apart in all directions to set the eggs in. Move the eggs carefully from where they were laid with a plastic spoon without turning them and place them in the dents. Once the eggs are in the container put the lid on the container.

Put the container in a dark spot where the temperature is at the appropriate temperature to incubate the eggs. Check on them once in a while to make sure all is well with the eggs. Don't leave the lid off the container too long when checking.

What species??? We need to know so we can tell you the right temperature, etc.

Once the female has laid the eggs and filled in the hole and returned hungry and thirsty to the branches you can dig the eggs up carefully.
Before you remove the eggs I would have a container ready to incubate them in and a place ready where you can put the container to incubate them.

I use a shoebox sized Tupperware container filled half full of slightly moist coarse grained vermiculite. To test the moisture level take a fist full of the vermiculite and squeeze it. Only a drop or two of water should come out of it. Make small dents in the vermiculite about an inch apart in all directions to set the eggs in. Move the eggs carefully from where they were laid with a plastic spoon without turning them and place them in the dents. Once the eggs are in the container put the lid on the container.

Put the container in a dark spot where the temperature is at the appropriate temperature to incubate the eggs. Check on them once in a while to make sure all is well with the eggs. Don't leave the lid off the container too long when checking.

my female is an Ambanja.

I would incubate them at about 72F then. Others may do it at different temps...there's no definite answer for incubating..it can vary somewhat and still work.

Back
Top Bottom