How can I treat parasites?

jakeclc

Hi I have had issues with my chameleon for a few week now especially with eating , so he hasn't had a poo for a good 2 week ,, but today I succeeded in feeding him two hoppers ,, after 20 or so mins I caught him have in a poo which looks all normal ,, but when he was walking off his anus rubbed across a branch an there was a small deposit of blood on the branch,, I've been told this is a typical sign of parasites and his strange behaviour also could be linked to that.

Male veiled chameleon
Approx 1.10 years old

First off, you have to determine if you chameleon has parasites. That is done by a fecal sample. Take to your vet and have him do a fecal float. From there, you will be prescribed meds to treat the parasite. The dosage will depend on the weight of your chameleon. The blood could be something else and not parasites, but you can rule parasites out by getting a fecal done. And what is his strange behavior??

First off, you have to determine if you chameleon has parasites. That is done by a fecal sample. Take to your vet and have him do a fecal float. From there, you will be prescribed meds to treat the parasite. The dosage will depend on the weight of your chameleon. The blood could be something else and not parasites, but you can rule parasites out by getting a fecal done. And what is his strange behavior??

Hi carol, what else could the blood be ?? And I have had trouble getting him to eat ,, he has always had a great appetite but has seem to have lost it the past 2-3 weeks although he is drinking fine straight from a Pipet, but he has lost so much weight ,,but like I say I managed to hand feed him two hoppers a few hours ago

Back
Top Bottom