How can I transport my chameleon?

lizzietheveiled

Im taking my veiled to the vetntoday and just realized that idk what to put him in. I have a 10 gallon tank but i didnt know if that would be okay? Hes pretty socialized and likes people so maybe my boyfriend should juat hold him? Idk :confused:

Your boyfriend could just hold him if he's socialable and you are driving and it's a short trip. You could also use a small travel cage.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold him while you drive...Definitely an easy distraction to cause you to get in to an accident. I would try to put him in the 10 gallon aquarium or some type of box with a lid and one of his vines/branches to hold.

put a towel in a box and then put your chameleon in it, make sure is dark and the box stay still during the trip

put a towel in a box and then put your chameleon in it, make sure is dark and the box stay still during the trip

This is essentially what we did when picking up our panther, but it was a long trip....
We met his previous owner half way, he was in a tote that had been blacked out, a wooden dowel run through the middle of it and a towel in the bottom. It was a 14 hour trip but he slept the whole way and was fine when we got him home and put in his enclosure....

I do a cardboard cat/dog carrier with a towel in it and a dowel propped up. Pretty much like using a cardboard box, but it comes with air holes and a handle. My Cham pretty much goes right to sleep.

Holding a cham in a car is a difficult experience haha. I've tried with my girlfriend and the best thing to do is just put your cham in a box or carrier. Unless your cham is very tame I wouldn't try it. My cham would just run up my arm onto my shoulder and try to get to the head rest or he'd try to climb my seat belt. Also the road was so bumpy he was bouncing around and couldn't get a good grip on anything so I think the box or keeper is the best way to go.

A shoe box with towels in it, a small bird carrier (you can buy them at petco/petsmart and are usually cloth that zips, or just hold him for the ride. Small critter keepers would work with a towel in it.

That's your million dollar idea, dabrute! Start making cham specific transport kits, and we will all buy one! May I suggest calling it the "Chamousine"?

I just use a bucket with a towel over the top.

That's your million dollar idea, dabrute! Start making cham specific transport kits, and we will all buy one! May I suggest calling it the "Chamousine"?

I just use a bucket with a towel over the top.
lolol let say I go out of town for a week..I want to bring him with me...how would this work? keep him in a bucket?

You can use Chamousine for only a small royalty fee :D

For something like a week trip, you might be better off to get him a smaller screen cage you can take with you. You might look into the collapsible mesh cages people sometimes is for the outdoors and decorate it with some vines and fake plants. He would be more comfortable with something like that, where he can move about when you are not on the road. I have only fine short car trips with my little guy.

Back
Top Bottom