How can I help her?

If you give her two much D3 from supplements it causes health issues which is why we dust lightly and limit it to twice a month. D3 produced from exposure to the UVB light shouldn't cause a problem as long as the chameleon can move in and out of it at will.

Vitamin A from prEformed (retinol, retinyl, retinal) sources can also cause issues if overdosed. PrOformed (beta carotene) sources can't.

Did the vet say what to do about her being gravid? Did he/she do an X-ray to see how many eggs she's carrying? Mention egg binding?

If you give her two much D3 from supplements it causes health issues which is why we dust lightly and limit it to twice a month. D3 produced from exposure to the UVB light shouldn't cause a problem as long as the chameleon can move in and out of it at will.

Vitamin A from prEformed (retinol, retinyl, retinal) sources can also cause issues if overdosed. PrOformed (beta carotene) sources can't.

Did the vet say what to do about her being gravid? Did he/she do an X-ray to see how many eggs she's carrying? Mention egg binding?
They did X-ray but I believe only of her leg, they didn’t say anything else about her except the leg being broken and that she was healthy, good heart beat and lungs

I didn’t even ask, didn’t even know that was an issue ?

I think you do not have the best vet for chameleon care. It seems your vet overlooked some obvious things. @kinyonga gives the best advice. Im glad she could provide you with more info on your chameleon...I hope your vet either realizes where they went wrong or refers you to one who is better at treating chameleons. If you tell us where you are located, I feel confident @jannb could find a better chameleon vet. Just an option.

I think you do not have the best vet for chameleon care. It seems your vet overlooked some obvious things. @kinyonga gives the best advice. Im glad she could provide you with more info on your chameleon...I hope your vet either realizes where they went wrong or refers you to one who is better at treating chameleons. If you tell us where you are located, I feel confident @jannb could find a better chameleon vet. Just an option.
I’m in Branson, MO

I'm glad to know I wasn't seeing things. I thought it looked like she had eggs but nobody had mentioned it thus far. Being new myself I didn't want to comment something that may not have been true lol.

That poor thing is loaded with eggs. I would take @kinyonga’s advice and start giving her proper supplementation, lack of is most likely how her leg got broken in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom