How can I help her?

As others have stated, get the proper T5ho fixture and reptile light, along with making sure your supplement properly.

Did your vet give you any meds to take home?

I don’t give her any supplements, I buy gut loaders every few weeks and that’s how she gets her calcium

What supplements do you use and how often for each? PLEASE BE SPECIFIC. Especially about whether they contain vitamin D3 and vitamin A (look for the words beta carotene, retinol, retinyl, retinal)...and tell me which it says) or phosphorous or calcium.

What do you feed/gutload the insects with?

Did the vet not say anything about MBD?
Or prescribe calcium for her?

Does she have a laybin in the cage. Veiled females lay eggs without being mated and need a proper place to lay them or they will die eggbound.

What supplements do you use and how often for each? PLEASE BE SPECIFIC. Especially about whether they contain vitamin D3 and vitamin A (look for the words beta carotene, retinol, retinyl, retinal)...and tell me which it says) or phosphorous or calcium.

What do you feed/gutload the insects with?

Did the vet not say anything about MBD?
Or prescribe calcium for her?

Does she have a laybin in the cage. Veiled females lay eggs without being mated and need a proper place to lay them or they will die eggbound.
I don’t give her any supplements.
I give her vita bugs crickets for calcium.
The vet didn’t say anything about MBD, she said the leg is broken.
She was only given pain medication and the vet said she was otherwise very healthy.
And no, there’s no lay bin. Can you tell me how to make her one please?

Without proper exposure to the uvb light or direct sunlight (not through glass) or/and proper supplementing chameleons develop MBD. Providing the chameleon with calcium won't do her much good if she doesn't have enough D3 (from supplementing properly with some and providing UVB light so she can produce the rest of the D3) so that the calcium in her system can be absorbed. Vitamin A and phosphorous also play a part in this....so we recommend that at all feedings but 4 a month the insects are dusted just before feeding them to the chameleon lightly with a phos free calcium powder.....twice a month at two week intervals (on 2 of the 4 days the calcium is not used) dust with a phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly and the other 2 days at two week intervals dust lightly with a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene source of vitamin A.

Can you please post photos of her other side so I can see the limbs on that side.

Without proper exposure to the uvb light or direct sunlight (not through glass) or/and proper supplementing chameleons develop MBD. Providing the chameleon with calcium won't do her much good if she doesn't have enough D3 (from supplementing properly with some and providing UVB light so she can produce the rest of the D3) so that the calcium in her system can be absorbed. Vitamin A and phosphorous also play a part in this....so we recommend that at all feedings but 4 a month the insects are dusted just before feeding them to the chameleon lightly with a phos free calcium powder.....twice a month at two week intervals (on 2 of the 4 days the calcium is not used) dust with a phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly and the other 2 days at two week intervals dust lightly with a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene source of vitamin A.

Can you please post photos of her other side so I can see the limbs on that side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 97

Ok si the I thought the D3 wasn't good for her.

this is her home. Is there anything I should change?

Attachments

• 2555CF02-45AC-4C6F-B08B-5323E3EE91FF.png
    2555CF02-45AC-4C6F-B08B-5323E3EE91FF.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom