How automated is your set-up?

jackscham

Do you have all your lighting, misting, dripping set up on timers or do it yourself. Currently, I don't have anything automated, not even lights. I turn them on and off at the same time daily, this gives me a chance to observe/inspect my chams and their enclosures. The same goes with misting/dripping. I have other family members help me out if i'm unavailable.

Not really automated, i kinda like doing it all myself so there is no failure.

Not really automated, i kinda like doing it all myself so there is no failure.

I am fully automated but I am still there when everything is suppose to come on or go off just in case. I will still mist from time to time if needed but thats about it other than cleaning and feeding.

just my lights are on a timer. I have a hand mister and I fillup a dripper and run that most of the day. If I am not home, then my daugher fills in. After all, this started out as HER chameleon!! yeah right!!;)

Do you have all your lighting, misting, dripping set up on timers or do it yourself. Currently, I don't have anything automated, not even lights. I turn them on and off at the same time daily, this gives me a chance to observe/inspect my chams and their enclosures. The same goes with misting/dripping. I have other family members help me out if i'm unavailable.

I'm the same exact way. I think it's funner that way, you can really mix things up for them too

My misting and lighting setups are fully automated. Still need to check on them shortly after lights on though, make sure there is no blown bulbs etc.

The lights and misting is automated, just because I live alone and might not always be there at lights on/off time or be home all day to mist them. But I'm still in their room all the time handfeeding all of them and doing this and that.

None of it :eek:

I tried to set the lights up on a timer, but the timer failed to turn them on the very first morning. Everything is done manually. My dad helps out if I'm not around.

I would say about 50/50

My lights are automated, and I have a space heater that constantly keeps the room at about 83 (it cant keep up with the cool at night and drops to about 74-79). I am working on a humidifier, but I figure I will turn it on and off myself instead of running it all day.

I check the temp every morning when I wake up and have a regiment of when to fill the water for his dipper and feeding.

My lights are on two separate timers and the mister is on a timer. I picked up a thermostat at the Seattle show and will soon have a ceramic heat bulb on a thermostat, just in time for the colder weather here.

All automated, minus feeding her, but I'm considering that as well since I travel a lot for work. The EZ400 has been great.

Currently lights, misters & drippers are auto. I still have to fill and empty buckets. As winter comes to Montana there will also be a heater set up on a times and temperature controller. A humidifier will be in place and if needed most likely on a timer.

All of that and i still spend more time in the room with then than even I can explain.:confused:

My lights and mister are all auto. Well my timer for my lights just crapped out the other day so i have been doing that manually. I'll say that I do miss having that timer and can't wait for a new one. I am not a morning person so having the lights come on at 7:30am is hard for me atm :p Although, sub consciously I have been waking up the past few days since it has been broken right around 7:30am and I switch them on and pass back out.

I have never heard of a automatic feeder?! Really?! Lol most of the fun comes from feeding them. It never gets old to hand feed Samson in from of my friends, he is such a stud all the ladies love him.

Back
Top Bottom