How automated is your set-up?

Lights and now misting fully automated.
All plugged into a Coralife Power Center
Lights with a C.A.P. Day/Night Temperature Controller (TMP-DNe)
Misting: Mist King plugged into a C.A.P. Adjustable Recycle Timer (ART-DNe) The ART-DNe has a user adjustable on time of 1 second to 40 minutes and an off time of 1 minute to 8 hours. A day/night/both switch allows you to select the time period that the ART-DNe will operate. I have it set for 20 seconds every 4 hours. Just finished installing today..

My automated system

Right now for lighting I am using x10 in the cham room :eek:

But in the bedroom I am using a Eco Zone Vivarium control EZ400 :D
The router on top is modified with new firmware to act as a wifi access point. :)

IMG_6264.jpg

Automatic drainage...

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

Mist system....... unrefined...

IMG_0694.jpg

Mist system... Much MUCH more refined :D

Eight temp inputs, one humidity input, four mist zones, ten on/off times for each of the four mist zones (independent of one another, 40 different on/offs), mist zones can be triggered by the temp sensors and humidity sensor, mist can be stopped if drainage signals drain bucket is full (drainage system shown above), system can be programed and monitored from your phone, work computer or home computer (properly configured of course:)). The mist system uses reverse osmosis water that it creates. The RO water is automatically controlled, RO membrane is flushed after each 'use' and system can be shut off if water supply is low. The RO system is also a zero waste system, meaning no water is wasted down the drain :).

IMG_6351.jpg

IMG_6358.jpg

IMG_6353.jpg

Well i have a few cages and free range to take care of,pruning the plants,cleaning the cages and feeding my chams takes time to be done properly,so in my case i had no choise but to go fully automated using professional hydroponics equipment.It starts with the electrical panel adding 4 (15 amp 110)breakers bringing all the extra power needed in the chameleon room,the lighting systems or controlled by a intermatic timer,misting system and the drip system(modified misting system with irrigation drip nozzles instead of fan sprays)are controlled by 2(IGS-011)cycle timers with photocell,for humidity im using day-nighttime humidity climate controller(IGS-030R)with photocell and for temperature im using day-nighttime temperature climate controller(IGS-020R)with photocell,to protected my chameleon room from over heating in the summer time i use a centrifugal air extractor instead of air conditioning,well in 1-2 weeks ill post pics of my new custom(5x5x7.5)wooden cage at the same time ill take the time to put pics of my control panel if you want to see some summoner 12 type stuff REAL NICE SETUP BY THE WAY!!!!!!!

Summoner12- You're my hero!!!! You have got an awesome set up going on there. I'm EVENTUALLY going to get my dream building set up out back and I hope to get something going like what you've got.

Same as Carol...

just my lights are on a timer. I have a hand mister and I fillup a dripper and run that most of the day. If I am not home, then my daugher fills in. After all, this started out as HER chameleon!! yeah right!!;)

Same for me... but I have no daughter! LOL!

Those are not Mist King pumps.

You are looking at valves, to control each mist zone.

I was trying to look at it from my phone, which obviously was not working :) Now that I am at the real computer I can tell what I am looking at. Thanks for the correction.

So each zone can come on at a different time, depending on the need? And the eco zone acts as like the "brain" for the system?

Thanks! I build and sell those :)

That is a great setup summoner. I was wondering if you heat the water at all? Maybe you don't need to where you live, but I'm in New England and the room temps (and water temps) will soon be in the mid 60's here. I am looking for the best way to heat the water in my system. I think an inline, instant on type of solution is best, so I've been looking for something like that. Just wondering what your solution is?

Right now for lighting I am using x10 in the cham room :eek:

But in the bedroom I am using a Eco Zone Vivarium control EZ400 :D
The router on top is modified with new firmware to act as a wifi access point. :)

IMG_6264.jpg

Automatic drainage...

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

Mist system....... unrefined...

IMG_0694.jpg

Mist system... Much MUCH more refined :D

Eight temp inputs, one humidity input, four mist zones, ten on/off times for each of the four mist zones (independent of one another, 40 different on/offs), mist zones can be triggered by the temp sensors and humidity sensor, mist can be stopped if drainage signals drain bucket is full (drainage system shown above), system can be programed and monitored from your phone, work computer or home computer (properly configured of course:)). The mist system uses reverse osmosis water that it creates. The RO water is automatically controlled, RO membrane is flushed after each 'use' and system can be shut off if water supply is low. The RO system is also a zero waste system, meaning no water is wasted down the drain :).

IMG_6351.jpg

IMG_6358.jpg

IMG_6353.jpg

wow man or girl don't know sorry...but that thing looks amazing..and crazy wish i knew how to do sumthing like that...great job on that...u could send me that...and u make a new one...jj

I was trying to look at it from my phone, which obviously was not working :) Now that I am at the real computer I can tell what I am looking at. Thanks for the correction.

So each zone can come on at a different time, depending on the need? And the eco zone acts as like the "brain" for the system?

The EcoZone controls the lights for some cages in the bedroom. It does not control mist times for my mist system. The controls for the mist system are in that box at the top left corner, with the clear lid. The mist can be activated via time, temp, humidity or manually.

That is a great setup summoner. I was wondering if you heat the water at all? Maybe you don't need to where you live, but I'm in New England and the room temps (and water temps) will soon be in the mid 60's here. I am looking for the best way to heat the water in my system. I think an inline, instant on type of solution is best, so I've been looking for something like that. Just wondering what your solution is?

I do not warm the water I use for misting. :eek: I have looked into it and it isn't that easy or cost effective. There are some neat options but I haven't gotten into it enough.

When water is misted it cools down, so water to the misting nozzle needs to be HOT. If you had an issue with the water being very cold, you could place a submerged fish tank heater into the resorvoir to keep temps up a bit.

I do not warm the water I use for misting. :eek: I have looked into it and it isn't that easy or cost effective. There are some neat options but I haven't gotten into it enough.

When water is misted it cools down, so water to the misting nozzle needs to be HOT. If you had an issue with the water being very cold, you could place a submerged fish tank heater into the resorvoir to keep temps up a bit.

I thought about the fish tank heater option, however I don't really like that idea. I mean I'd be heating the water all the time, and the misting is only done several times a day, which doesn't seem very efficient to me. Also like you say, it really wouldn't be hot enough. I actually recently ordered a tube heater off ebay, so hopefully that will work. It will require a bit of engineering to install, and if it works I'll show it off here.

I also found these "fluid delivery" heaters from watlow that I was thinking of using. http://www.watlow.com/products/heaters/fluid.cfm
This may be something you could work with. Unfortunately they don't give prices on their site, so I don't know how much they cost. I think if someone (like you summoner12) came up with a commercial inline heater for misting systems, you could really make a killing! :)

Back
Top Bottom