Houston,TX Repticon - Anyone going?

bigcappa

Avid Member
Just wondering if anyone will be going or showing at the Houston Repticon? It's on June 25 and 26th. Here is the link to their page, hope to see y'all there!

Im in Dallas and would be totally willing to bring the fam down to houston, if there is going to be chams!

I went to a local Harka expo in Katy today, a few of the shops had some(Jackson's, Veiled, Graceful). The Repticon should be much larger than the one that I went to today. I believe all of the vendors should be at Repticon as well. I believe Texas Panther Man went to the Repticon here last year, we could ask him. I'm def a cham person, but there isn't many if any reptiles that I don't like. It's always fun and interesting to go to these expo's though. Anyways hope to see y'all there!

I have friends in Pasa get down dena. So I went to the Repticon show last summer. I dont remember the exact date. I WAS NOT impressed. I dont mind paying a door fee to enter no biggie. But they charged to park also. And thats after I had to pay the tolls to get there. I was not really expecting to see many chams. But what I did see was very poor quality wc's. A cpl of nasy looking veileds and thats about it as far as chams go. They had about a cpl of guys with some nice snakes and 1 good bearded breeder.

I went to get supplies and get some feeders other than cricks or supers. Well, they only allowed 1 feeder dealer and of course all he had were cricks & supers. So I spent over 20.00 just to get there and park and get in. Just to buy some vines and some driftwood perches. Total waste of time, gas, & $$$.

So if yall go please give us a write up of this yrs event. We need another decent show in Houston besides the East Tx Herp Soc show in the fall. We have NRBC but thats all the way up in Dallas and hard for some of us to get too. I may do the ETHS or NRBC if I have any babies left at that time.

Wow you sure did get a lot of stuff! That's awesome. Yeah, I'm def going to go to both of these expo's (repticon and narbc). I'll def write what I see and or get at Repticon. I'm not really expecting many if any chams there. Just think it will be cool to go to.

OOPS sorry about that it is NARBC. I missed last yrs show. They are awesome. Closest thing we're going to get to Daytona in Texas. Lots of breeders come in for this show that wont make the trip for the smaller venues.

Yeah, I kinda hope I have some babies avail so i can do either ETHS or NARBC.

I hope it works out that I have some ambilobe juvis next time around for the Arlington NARBC. It was a really cool show but not much at all for chams. I thnk if you had an adult male panther in a nice display cage showing what the babies could turn into at that show people would go nuts.

interesting, seeing as i live in the Dallas area my Gf and I are going to be all over that NARBC show next year with all the hype yall are giving it, too bad the next one isnt for like 9 months probably!

Back
Top Bottom