Hotel Lobby Pet

The hotel is in Naples, FL. I don't want to give the name, but it's a MAJOR luxury hotel. If you're ever in the area let me know and I'll give you a tour of our butterfly garden, plus some great other outdoors areas in the town.

I've read the Orchid Thief, and you're right, they are amazing. As a side note our area is one of the few outside Cuba to home the ghost orchid - an amazing flower to be sure!

I did give that some thought, but like you said I could catch one outside, so it wouldn't have a WOW factor. I just found out today they are going to put a separate table and stand up and get a Nano tank with a couple of clown fish. I did suggest butterflies and offered a spare screened cage that I have, so we shall see.

Praying. Mantis.

image.jpg

Epipedobates Antonyi 'Santa isabel' would be a very suitable inhabitant. They stay very small and have a beautiful call..

I agree that a nano tank isn't "low-maintence", but on the plus side they have 7 other salt water tanks at the hotel so I'm guessing their tank maintence person will just come upstairs and take care of this one as well. And sorry, but there's not a snowball's chance in South Florida that I'm sharing a lobby with a centipede - I draw the line there! :eek:

There are on occasion chameleons would love attention. I have a Panther like that. He loves being in crouds! At times he even turns on his mating colors and start his head nocking. A chameleon like him would not mind being in a hotel lobby. But most chameleons would be stressed out and probably die!

There are on occasion chameleons would love attention. I have a Panther like that. He loves being in crouds! At times he even turns on his mating colors and start his head nocking. A chameleon like him would not mind being in a hotel lobby. But most chameleons would be stressed out and probably die!
sounds like he is being territorial and want to be leaft alone.

my friends orange eyes does the same whe he is pissed off

Just as an update today the Hotel Manager announced that it will be a fish tank. Chameleon threat crisis is averted! :D

Back
Top Bottom