Horns and Lichen Under the Sun

merumontanus

Avid Member
I got home to check on the animals right as the sun was going down on Friday, so I snapped some photos:

One of 5 captive-born Trioceros jacksonii xantholophus

3578261986_5ea29f775e.jpg

3577452341_34786d94d0.jpg

Captive-hatched Trioceros deremensis

3578254844_45ebaee32b.jpg

3577450361_4e93855a6b.jpg

3578253414_30f454f63e.jpg

3578252890_474579a1cf.jpg

Female, long-term, Rhampholeon spinosus

3578261272_815e43b78e.jpg

3578261456_c2a55335b2.jpg

Cheers!

Fabián

Ha! Thank you, all. I hope these posts don't get repetitive-- it's hard not to take photos of these guys every chance I get. The deremensis are finally beginning to develop their horns (man, they're slow growers!), and I am also finally getting to a point where I will need to find homes for most of them. These photos are part of an effort to catalog all 19 of my deremensis so they can be offered to the community.

Haha, Trace... I've seen all those photographs you've taken featuring the "ungrateful ones", and I know they would serve as perfect wall papers... let's trade ;)

Cheers!

Fabián

Fabian,the pics are great. I will take some of those deremensis off your hands when you are ready! I have a couple of small pairs now. I forgot how much fun they are to work with.Keep up the good work.

great pics once again. They really do seem slow growers, but it's not too bad. They take just as long as melleri to reach full size, approx. 20-24 months, in my limited experience (1 CB melleri and one CB deremensis!).

I'm setting up the shelves and cage this weekend. The deremensis get to stay in the living room, where it's nice and cool. I miss having them around. Things will feel complete once they're a part of my collection once again.

Give me a call when you get a chance - even if it's late as hell YOUR time! I'll be up.

Those are some fantastic chameleons and fantastic pictures!

Did you use a reflector to bounce the light? I love the way they turned out.

-Jay

Those are some fantastic chameleons and fantastic pictures!Did you use a reflector to bounce the light? I love the way they turned out.
-Jay

Thank you, Jay. Glad you approve! I didn't use any reflectors, although they would have come in handy considering how dramatic the light was literally minutes before the sun went down.

Eric, good to hear the enclosures are coming along. Call you tonight!

Cheers,

Fabián

I'm absolutely smitten with your deremensis!
They're flawless, and as always- beautiful photography!

Back
Top Bottom