Hmmmm...

ZippiesPal

Im just wondering.

I have a 6 month old Panter Ambilobe, that I am still holding out for my vet to say its a boy, but a few of the smart people on this forum say its a girl. The breeder sais I have a boy too.

If it turns out that I have a girl afterall (I'ill know after feb 5), then I will keep her and love her jsut as much as before, but I may want a male.

How much should I expect to pay for a male Ambilobe Panther baby? Where and how would I go about getting one? Suggestions would be appreciated.

I wanted to post in the classifieds section, but I dont have access yet.

The forum has wonderful sponsors with beautiul chameleons.

I have a male Ambilobe that I bought from Chameleons Northwest, and he is a Stunner!! He is Very Healthy. Check out there web site.

Also I have seen some Beautiful chameleons come from Screameleons.

Chameleons101 charges by age. Jeanjacket's was 1 month old when he bought it. I got a 6 month old sambava female from them for 100. Patron bloodline :)

I would go to vince at screameleons! His chams are amazing and well worth the extra money. In this case with screameleons, you get what you pay for.They have extreme color. I also have some from chameleons northwest and the chameleon company all great, high quality panther chameleons, great health and color. I got 2 from the guy in sacramento and it was a great price so I jumped on the deal. Then one died in a week of owning it and the replacement he sent had edema upon arrival and insect bites. Then laid an infertile clutch in the first month of having her. She was only supposed to be 5 months old, and seemed as small as 1 month. The sponsors here are great and you can be certain of getting the locale you ask for. Females locales can't be identified by looking at their color. So a good breeder you can trust is essential. Best of luck in your quest.

That's odd, when I went to pick up my chameleon they showed me alltheir chameleons and their cages and stuff. It all looked good to me and all the chameleons were healthy looking. They even let my family hold a male breeder or two.

There are plenty of great people on the forum, including site sponsors, that you could get one from and the price will vary depending on age, color, sire, etc. Since you are located in Washington, you could contact Chameleons Northwest who is located in the Seattle area. Elliot and Sandy have some great offspring and are nothing but quality (and will know the difference between a male and female.... :D)

Yes Chameleons101.com is awesome my guy was very young but is thriving it is a male I paid $115 to my door. And the support is great too. I don't know about any of the other sponsors on here I'm sure they are good I did get my last two Veileds from LLLreptile.com and had a good experience from them both were healthy and their prices are always right.

1 month old? They are being sold that young?

Well like I said the replacement that he sent me he said was 5 months old and it was so small I thought it could only be a month tops. Plus it had an infertile clutch in the first month. So I asked him how old it was a second time. He then said we sell 1 month olds all the time. Then said" We use a power feeding method where we feed them to the maximum." ( No wonder she had an infertile clutch) I thought that seemed off a bit.

Im just wondering.

I have a 6 month old Panter Ambilobe, that I am still holding out for my vet to say its a boy, but a few of the smart people on this forum say its a girl. The breeder sais I have a boy too.

If it turns out that I have a girl afterall (I'ill know after feb 5), then I will keep her and love her jsut as much as before, but I may want a male.

How much should I expect to pay for a male Ambilobe Panther baby? Where and how would I go about getting one? Suggestions would be appreciated.

I wanted to post in the classifieds section, but I dont have access yet.

If this is the same Zippy posted in the other thread-it is undoubtedly a girl. Why would you have to wait until Feb. 5th to know that?

1 month old? They are being sold that young?

I know that 1 month is a dangerous age to ship because they are so small and fragile but I knew what I was getting into. Chams101 would not ship him to me until I sent pics of my setup and promised I had a supply of pinheads. Eric also sent me a plant and google mapped my address before shipping which was a good thing he did because there was a problem with the UPS and my street abbreviation.Anyways I felt like he did care about the animal and I felt like I got a quality animal at a great price.

Facts are facts

There is no traveling back in time and changing things.

Everyone on this site has said that Zippy is a girl, and I have accepted that. My girlfriend is not so rational.

I think that the owner of the petstore sold us whatever it was that we wanted, regardless of actual facts. Perhaps he knew it was a girl and lied, or he didnt know and was wrong. Maybe he didnt, know or care, and we picked Zippy out ant that was it. The owner of that petstore also sais that a cham can live to 25 years. The owner of the petstore profits from telling people what they want to hear, so I am doubtful about what he says.

Before I knew anything about this website, I put a deposit down on zippy and that was my commitment to Zippy, myself, and the petstore that i would close the deal and bring Zipppy home. That is my commitment and I'm sticking to it.

Then I found this website and began learning so so very much. Most of what the petstore guy said was right on about the care and housing of a chameleon. At least he had that much right. In my reading here I found out that six years is old for a chameleon. That makes 25 years a totaly rediculous number. I just filed that one away as a little grain of salt. Now, you people are telling me that Zippy is a girl. What profit motive do you all have in telling me that? None! I am willing to go with that and love my little girl just the same.

My sweetie on the other hand.... believes only in people who can lay hands on, like the petstore owner and the vet. She is very passionate about Zippies boyhood, and I have given up on logical arguments. Her stance is that Zippy is a boy until he is examined and proven otherwise by an expert who physicaly has contact with him. Since none of you have held Zippy in your hands and roled him over on his back (or whatever) and examined him, your opinions are in doubt.

Her knowlagable points of contact and research have only been through the petstore guy, and mine has mostly been on this website. We basicaly have a friendly argument going on, and eventhough I am pretty convinced (I'll be surprised if the vet tells me its a boy) its a girl, it wont be settled until the fifth of February.

Lol, if you want her (your girlfriend) to compare her tail base with a male tale base, then let her. Species in the furcifer family (panthers) usually have huge hemipenal bulges.

Show her a picture of a males 'junk' and then let her compare with 'Zippie.'

What profit motive do you all have in telling me that? None! I am willing to go with that and love my little girl just the same.

Profit motive? What does that mean?

You should love your little girl-they are still wonderful animals and I swear that the females have more personality. Study up on egg laying though and know that females usually have even more shortened lives than males.

Tell your girlfriend that you are dealing with "experts" that have laid their eyes and hands on more female chams than you Vet ever will! :)

Back
Top Bottom