Hisser reproduction

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello everyone, so I have some Halloween hissers(about 10-15). I was wondering how long they usually take to start reproducing. I've had them since March or so. They seem healthy, active, plump, etc. Just still don't see any nymphs. Is there a way to tell if a female is pregnant? If this is normal I don't mind, just wanted to make sure it's nothing out of the ordinary. They're in a few inches of substrate with ton a of cleaner beetles, lesser mealworms, springtails, and isopods. They have a large piece of cork bark to hang under and crawl on. Do the cleaner beetles pose any threat to nymphs? I have tons, hundreds-maybe thousands.... the CuC in there can break down half an orange within a week or two, peel and all.

Btw temps stay in the 85-90 range and I drench the cage with a heavy misting once every ~week and a half. There's always leaf litter in there and I add random food scraps regularly.

2.5x slower than dubia on average. they live 3 years instead of 1, and have birth every 90 days, instead of monthly. On the bright side the brood is 2x more babies per batch.

Yeah I had a few die off when I got them. Then I changed them to a bio enclosure and they look to be thriving, but just playing the waiting game now. One or two females look pregnant, their abdomen is huge and seems to Drag along.

Back
Top Bottom