Hibiscus Issues and Drain question

esponda55

I finally bought a hibiscus plant for my chameleon and I think it's drying out. I watered it after re-potting and I noticed that some leaves are starting to turn brown. I suspect this has to do with the basking light so can you all give me some suggestions as to where I should place the lamp? Also, I am having some issues with designing a drain system for my cage so I'm wondering what an easy and effective system would be. And finally, I lined the bottom of my cage with a green kind of cloth I found at a pet shop. I don't remember it's name but what would the optimal way to line the bottom of my cham's cage? I have a lot of questions so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! (Can anyone approximate Tootie's age?)

Attachments

• cham 4.jpg
    cham 4.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 87
  • cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 111
  • cham 2.jpg
    cham 2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 93
  • cham 3.jpg
    cham 3.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 92
well I may be able to help you out with your hibiscus ?, hibiscus require alot of light to thrive. Alot of people will have two and swap them with eachother always having one outside, now that depends on where you liive if thats possible, it is not for me because of winter. Something else you can do is use grow lights on your enclosure for your plants. I personally use a hood with two 27watt 6500k cfls for my hibiscus. Now when I put the hibiscus in during the fall it was very full with lots of flowers but now the whole bottom is bare but the top is still showing new growth and still flowering. The problem I have is that not enough of the light makes it to the bottom of the plant. Once summer comes I intend on swapping it out for another plant and see if I can get it thriving outside again. The hibiscus also requires a fair amount of water. If its just the top of your hibiscus that is dying off it is prob just to close to the basking light and burning it in which case you can raise your bulb or move it to a different location. what are your basking temps like? Hope some of that helps.

Back
Top Bottom