Hermie's vet visit

Jam

Well, I took hermie to his normal reptile vet today for a check up ... something about nearly drowning made me think he should probably be seen.

I realized before taking him that he can't shoot his tounge anymore. He tried and it wouldn't go. (It was shooting just fine prior to falling into the water). He can stick it out though, so he was smart enough to come over to teh spoon that I was feeding him some wax worms on (as a treat only!) and gently stick his tounge to the worms. His silk and tomatoe horn worms should be here tomorrow so that should be good for him.

Unfortunately his bloodwork showed that his kidney infection is back. His Phosphorus levels were sky high. :( Slightly elevated WBC as well. So they put him back on antibiotics (pipericillin once daily injected) and subq fluids (3 ml twice a day) for 10 days and then we'll recheck. The vet said that his kidney infection could have been starting to cause dehydration so he went to get a drink, was weak and fell in. Who knows.

:(:(:( Hopefully the bugger pulls through again. I was really looking forward to buying and setting up his new cage too. He is active and bright. Hissing at everyone ... little guy is a real fighter.

So far so good. Hermie went to town on some silk worms today. Unfortunately they were really small so I'm trying to let them grow more before feeding them out ... the horn worms too ... I'm pretty sure he could have eaten a whole pod of babies today if I had let him. But at least he has a good appitite ... AND his tounge is shooting again! yay!

and he's back to his old tricks. I caught him trying to escape again today.:mad: and here I thought he had learned (don't worry, no way to drown this time!)

Back
Top Bottom