Hermie gives MistKing a THUMBS UP!

Jam

Just wanted to say that buying hermie a mistking auto mister was the BEST investment (esp. since I"m gone for a good 10 plus hours these days...). The first two times it turned on he just sort of sat there (not under it) and stared at it with a "what the F***" look on his face. The third time no more than a 1-2 seconds after it turned on he turned, walked under it, and started drinking. Sat there drinking for a GOOD long time too.

Are there sort of "standards" that you guys set them to go off for? I'm trying to det. what would be a good time schedule for it ... once an hour? once every 2 hours?

I'm sure it depends on your weather, humidity, etc. In a place like AZ a a couple times an hour for about 2 minutes each time wouldn't hurt...

However in Michigan, you guys are humid, right? I would probably see how long it takes for the water to evaporate.. and estimate the timing, length, on that.

It will take a couple tries..

Also, what type of chameleon do you have? Panthers I'm sure could use more humidity while Veileds don't need as much.

There are a few ways to do it.

One being a long session shortly after lights on with a duration of about 10-15 mins, followed by 2 more 5-10 min durations throughtout the day. Some feel this is a more natural way to water, since it mimics rain sessions. However you are going to need to provide good drainage, 10-15 mins with even 1 nozzle is quite a bit of water at once.

I however don't seam to have issues with my chams getting into the "Drinking Mood", so I run (8) 2-3 mins (1-2 hrs apart) durations starting 20 mins after light on, and the last session finishing 30 mins before lights out.

Did you purchase a "Seconds Timer" with your system?

-Jay

Hey, post a pic of Dermie drinking. I keep hearing about it, but yet to see it :)

yeah what Jay said.... 10-15 maybe 15-20 minutes two or three times a day..... I would do 2 times a day for a veiled or panther and give them some LOONG mists. maybe have it sprinkle for a min two or hree times during the day to bring up the humidity.

Back
Top Bottom