Help

Leaf

My Jackson cham Liz recently had babies and she isn't doing to well.She had three babies but is still "fat: She has mouth rot and respiratory problems.She constantly has her mouth open.She also is starting to not even shoot her tongue at food she just eats it.I have a feeling it's going to be too late by the time i make it to the vet.Help please!!!:(

My Jackson cham Liz recently had babies and she isn't doing to well.She had three babies but is still "fat: She has mouth rot and respiratory problems.She constantly has her mouth open.She also is starting to not even shoot her tongue at food she just eats it.I have a feeling it's going to be too late by the time i make it to the vet.Help please!!!:(

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

fill that out and put your answers in a different color (makes it easier to see)

She eats drinks regularly but shows colors of stress mainly brown and black. She has a 2 ft by 2 ft by 4 ft cage. She eats Dubia roaches and crickets. They are gut loaded with Mikes feeder roaches food.She has a humidifier blowing on all the time and is not around any fans.We have had her for about two months maybe.We have a live rubber tree and a small fake plant.She has not been tested for parasites.She has a plant light and florescent light.

does she have a UVB light? You need to be specific. What are your temps, humidity and what are measuring them with???? Are you blowing the humidifier right into the cage, or the room itself?

She does have a UVB light and i don't know the temps. The humidifier blows directly into her cage.

I wouldn't be blowing it directly into the cage but in the room itself. Maybe you have made her conditions too humid. Are you sure you even need a humidifier? You need to get something to measure your temps and humdity in that cage. you can get a digital from home depot for $10. You need to find that out. Temps and humidity need to be right. how long has she had mouth rot and RI. Has she been treated for this?

I wouldn't be blowing it directly into the cage but in the room itself. Maybe you have made her conditions too humid. Are you sure you even need a humidifier? You need to get something to measure your temps and humdity in that cage. you can get a digital from home depot for $10. You need to find that out. Temps and humidity need to be right. how long has she had mouth rot and RI. Has she been treated for this?

She just recently got mouth rot and has had ri for about two weeks or so.The humidifier is small and Liz loves to sit in it .It doesn't blow hard enough for me to let it blow into the room.

i dont know anyone there at noblesville show that has c/b. you have to watch it there. many animals are wild caught and i mean MANY. id get her to a vet asap with a fresh poo. that way you can see if she does indeed have parasites and get your other problems looked at.

ive probably bought atleast 30 chameleons there.

The guy i got her from his wife works at vca and i will be taking my new cat there soon along with Liz she should be there within a week

so has the RI been treated already? You didn't answer. You are going to wait another week you said to get the cham to the vet?.

IMHO she needs to see a vet asap to treat the mouth rot and respiratory infection and to see if she has more babies inside her. I'm afraid that if she has to wait a week to see the vet she will be dead.

You said she doesn't shoot her tongue at the food anymore...do you dust the insects with a phos.-free calcium supplement at most feedings? Gutload/feed the insects a nutritious diet?

IMHO she needs to see a vet asap to treat the mouth rot and respiratory infection and to see if she has more babies inside her. I'm afraid that if she has to wait a week to see the vet she will be dead.

You said she doesn't shoot her tongue at the food anymore...do you dust the insects with a phos.-free calcium supplement at most feedings? Gutload/feed the insects a nutritious diet?

She will be at the vet in 7 days max most likely tomorrow or Monday and yes i do dust the crickets/roaches

just curious, why have you waited this long to get her to a vet if you have known for TWO weeks she has been sick????

Back
Top Bottom