Help

Quick update, I bought some more plants, and the white heat bulb. Will install the bulb tonight, and send pics of viv mark two.
Also, I am working on plans to flip the vid and will look at the calcuim liquid tonight.

Keep it up, keep working, and vet asap! Don't get discouraged, and listen to all this advice because people really do care. Use it to motivate you and light a fire under your butt. Time is of the essence with a sick cham. I really want to see your new guy happier and healthier!

Glad to hear you got the plants. Live plants to a veiled mean a lot. My guy eats himself a lot of pothos leaves haha.

Unfortunately, they are fakes...
Up here, nowhere carries plants in the winter.
Except the flowers at Wal-Mart and the like.
So I will have to grow something from scratch, and that's perfect, because when I had a parsley plant I there, he destroyed it. And I can grow parsley quite easily.
So it's a short-term fix, but at least its something:(

And he drank a ton this morning!
I sprayed a different way this morning, so I don't think I'll need the mister.

Unfortunately, they are fakes...
Up here, nowhere carries plants in the winter.
Except the flowers at Wal-Mart and the like.
So I will have to grow something from scratch, and that's perfect, because when I had a parsley plant I there, he destroyed it. And I can grow parsley quite easily.
So it's a short-term fix, but at least its something:(

And he drank a ton this morning!
I sprayed a different way this morning, so I don't think I'll need the mister.
You still might want a mister in the future

If you're short on money then hand misting can work for now, but you do NEED to mist somehow. For the long term you might want to invest in a monsoon or Mistking, but like everyone keeps saying, and like all the caresheets say, chameleons need a minimum 2-3 mistings a day for multiple reasons. It's not just to keep hydrated.

If you're short on money then hand misting can work for now, but you do NEED to mist somehow. For the long term you might want to invest in a monsoon or Mistking, but like everyone keeps saying, and like all the caresheets say, chameleons need a minimum 2-3 mistings a day for multiple reasons. It's not just to keep hydrated.

I would go diy before monson in a heart beat. Especially since it was already said the monsoon is ~$200 up there and the mistking sits @ $164 on amazon.ca. The diy shaves another ~$45 off the mistking price if funds are tight and will last for quite some time. One of my diy's has been running for over a year with that pump lol. Only downside I will honestly say it has, that I've experienced, is the pump is noisey. When it kicks on it makes my normal tv listening volume feel like I turned it down halfway :(.

I would go diy before monson in a heart beat. Especially since it was already said the monsoon is ~$200 up there and the mistking sits @ $164 on amazon.ca. The diy shaves another ~$45 off the mistking price if funds are tight and will last for quite some time. One of my diy's has been running for over a year with that pump lol. Only downside I will honestly say it has, that I've experienced, is the pump is noisey. When it kicks on it makes my normal tv listening volume feel like I turned it down halfway :(.

Is the pump vibrating on something hard? You could potentially place a towel under it. I've even had to play around with my Mistking pump and the hoses when it comes to the noises it makes, haha. I feel ya!

Is the pump vibrating on something hard? You could potentially place a towel under it. I've even had to play around with my Mistking pump and the hoses when it comes to the noises it makes, haha. I feel ya!

It's a yes and no lol. There is some vibrational noise on them but the noise is mostly just because it is a bare pump. There is no noise reduction casing on it so even holding it in open air in the hand makes a noticeable amount of noise lol.

Ok, so it sounds like I still need the mister, and that the home made one is better, or at least cheaper.
I will take the pics this after noon, I worked yesterday, and by the time I got back, he was out cold.

Ok, so it sounds like I still need the mister, and that the home made one is better, or at least cheaper.
I will take the pics this after noon, I worked yesterday, and by the time I got back, he was out cold.

If you can swing the $164 for the mistking I'd go that route. If not the diy should last quite a while. One thing I forgot to add to the list is a timer though they are fairly cheap too.

Here is his new viv
Forgot to take the substrate out, will do tonight.

Attachments

• 15398925875461491932598.jpg
    15398925875461491932598.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom