Help

If you cannot hand mist consistently then get a mister but that makes me worried you won't have time to put a custom one together. Even a monsoon will be better then what your doing now.

I read you said the color of the casque is different. I was unaware that was a sign of dehydration.

Ok, thanks! I'll look into this home assembled version. But is that us, or Canadian dollars?

Sorry, looks like amazon.ca doesn't have the same options we do here so it may be more then it's worth going that route up there. I missed the Canadian part :(.

Sorry, looks like amazon.ca doesn't have the same options we do here so it may be more then it's worth going that route up there. I missed the Canadian part :(.

Thanks for trying though!
A monsoon costs about 200 here
I'll see if I can find a similar setup

I can send a picture of his casque if you like.
15397107037421824184906.jpg

I can make myself hand most consistently, it's just that, the fact that he is handicapped might make it better for him.

If you cannot hand mist consistently then get a mister but that makes me worried you won't have time to put a custom one together. Even a monsoon will be better then what your doing now.

I read you said the color of the casque is different. I was unaware that was a sign of dehydration.
Who said casque colors can indicate hydration levels?

Here you go, looks like the same pump but with the connector already on it...

Screenshot_2018-10-16-13-40-44.png Screenshot_2018-10-16-13-40-34.png Screenshot_2018-10-16-13-40-40.png

Edit: I have both .3mm and .5mm nozzles in my systems on those pumps. Either should be fine, haven't tried the .2mm so feel free to test those for me :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
@Brodybreaux25 he said it on the first page. I was curious where he heard that. Unless frill means something else .Could be frass? No idea what was meant here .

Here is a quick update! He is doing fine now, stopped shaking, and last night he ate and drank. I 're did his cage and he is happy once again,

Now I noticed that his frill is quite white, meaning he is dehydrated, right? So now I need tips on improving my dropper, more specifically the drinking portion. What do they like to drink off of, where, does it matter how close it is to the ground?

Thanks JacksJill

So his head is naturally whiter that the rest of his body?
I thought it was a sign of dehydration, sorry for that.

Thanks for looking into all that dshuld!
Sorry brody for being such a bad cham owner, I thought I knew what I needed to know but apparently I didn't. I shoulda done twice the research I did. Thanks for sticking though me with this

No problem as asking questions is part of learning. The problem people have with others here is that they ask questions, veterans will give advice and readers will either ignore it (seems that way) or in your case not act on it as fast as you should. If a cham is sick and needs help they usually need it immediately and if they don't get it the damages could be severe and have long term effects. Your Cham has clearly had some bad luck in it's life and I am proud of you for taking on a challenge even more then the challenge of owning a healthy cham. Your Cham may need more attention then a normal healthy one so as long as you take the advice seriously and promptly people here will be glad to help.

Keep doing the research and learning. Don't get discouraged. Just get motivated.

Thanks

I have two big problems

1 Flipping the cage is very difficult because I also have a leopard gecko who's cage rests on top of my cham cage. So once flipped, I'll need to find a spot for him to reside after cage is flipped.

Second, I'll only get one trip to the vet, if it ever happens :( so I can't go back for regular check ups. That's why I went here.
So I need to try everything I've got before going, because if I can tix it on my own, it's probably save me hundreds in dollars.

Sorry brody for being such a bad cham owner, I thought I knew what I needed to know but apparently I didn't. I shoulda done twice the research I did. Thanks for sticking though me with this

No problem. I use 2 of the hard insert elbows inside the cage for water angle adjustments and of course 1 on top for the last nozzle in the series. Here is a rather crude sketch of how mine are laid out. One of mine sits on the reservoir with this layout with no issues self-priming. My other are below and same thing but you will definitely need the relief back into the reservoir with it.
20181016_140151.jpg

No need for sorry, all that is in the past so let’s leave it there. We don’t care how misinformed you were before you came here. All we ask is that you put forth a genuine effort to fix your issues. From here on out let’s just look forward.

Ok thank you.
First on the agenda is the calcium and the vet right?
I'll order calcuim(liquid) and get some more fake greenery until I can get some good stuff

You can get a decently priced pothos plant at Home Depot or Lowe's. I got these for $13 each but liked them because they are growing up using the post in the middle. Regular pothos that hang down are much cheaper which is what I have in the cages now.

Attachments

• IMG_20181016_131137.jpg
    IMG_20181016_131137.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 81
You can get a decently priced pothos plant at Home Depot or Lowe's. I got these for $13 each but liked them because they are growing up using the post in the middle. Regular pothos that hang down are much cheaper which is what I have in the cages now.

Agreed. Plus, I got a 3' tall umbrella plant for less than $20 at my local Home Depot.

I have been trying to find another umbrella plant but my home Depot only has really big ones .I. Need to make a trip to Lowe's soon. Haha

Back
Top Bottom