Help with vet costs.

Why do you have a Chameleon when you can’t afford to take care of it? Not trying to be a jerk, I’m just sick and tired of seeing crap like this.

If your a younger person I guess it’s understandable, if your an adult shame on you!
im on the younger side and id say im great at taking care of my reptile
I wasn't directing it to anyone, and if you think I was attacking you, I'm Sorry.
Sometimes the most beautiful thing in this world is silence.
We can't change the world with just our opinions.
just like chameleons HAHA chameleons are beautiful and silent ;)

I wasn't directing it to anyone, and if you think I was attacking you, I'm Sorry.
Maybe Suggest someone that can take him in? Suggest a rescue?
Sometimes the most beautiful thing in this world is silence.
We can't change the world with just our opinions.

I appreciate the response and I'm sorry for coming off like a dick. I'm okay with people donating, I just thought this was a random person coming on asking for money. I didn't realize the whole story. If he wanted to rehome the animal, myself and many others could probably help with that. If he thinks that he can keep the animal, we're all here to answer any questions.

At first, i was taking care of it, and supplying most of her needs, this is my 1st time owning a cham. I didnt even mean to take it in. i am young, so money isnt so easy, especially with covid. I have more classes than a normal teenager has. i have school from 8 in the morning, till 5 pm. it is really hard to take care of it, but i try my best. when i found out he has mbd, i didnt want to sell him until i fixed that. some people wouldnt care about taking care of the mbd. they would just leave him to die. At least i took this chameleon in, and tried to help. i used most of my money trying to help the chameleon, and just cant afford a 50 dollar heat lamp and 200 dollar bet bill.
i understand the stress of owning a chameleon for the first time, whats good is you learn from those mistakes, like my chameleon and its egg binding

You need calcium injections from a qualified vet.
And it will help and reverse many of the sympoms as long as the mbd isn't severe. Many chameleons have overcome their MBD and lived long healthy lives.
my vet told me years ago that they no longer do cal injections , only oral .... this was years ago tho

Soooooo honestly this pisses me off... It is one thing to mess up on husbandry and admit you had no idea what you were doing and ask for help...

HOWEVER this is what it says on the go fund me. And I am sorry but lying in my opinion is never the answer. The OP DID NOT fulfill all the chams needs as they said they did. So they have no issue lying to get money from others to correct their mistakes that they are not even being honest about in their plea for help.

They did not provide UVB. Also the cham is not a male it is a female. AND if you look at the original post nothing in the husbandry was correct.

"I got this chameleon free around 2 months ago, and fed him,
and fulfilled all of his needs, but he developed metabolic bone deficiency, or MDB. I am trying to raise money for the chameleon to go to the vet. Please help save his life, even a single penny helps. I also need to raise enough money to buy him a good uvb light so this doesn't happen again."

So yall can donate if you like but IMO this is disgusting. I hate liars that do not take responsibility for the shit they do.

Soooooo honestly this pisses me off... It is one thing to mess up on husbandry and admit you had no idea what you were doing and ask for help...

HOWEVER this is what it says on the go fund me. And I am sorry but lying in my opinion is never the answer. The OP DID NOT fulfill all the chams needs as they said they did. So they have no issue lying to get money from others to correct their mistakes that they are not even being honest about in their plea for help.

They did not provide UVB. Also the cham is not a male it is a female. AND if you look at the original post nothing in the husbandry was correct.

and fulfilled all of his needs, but he developed metabolic bone deficiency, or MDB. I am trying to raise money for the chameleon to go to the vet. Please help save his life, even a single penny helps. I also need to raise enough money to buy him a good uvb light so this doesn't happen again."

So yall can donate if you like but IMO this is disgusting. I hate liars that do not take responsibility for the shit they do.

This was exactly how I felt. It was misleading and seemed shady. I was told though that it wasn't OP that made the gofundme and someone recommended him do it? I really have no idea.

A brand new user who made a profile that day posted in one of the threads saying she/he made it on their behalf

I really do not care what the situation is... family member made it or new user that is not related to the OP made it? How then are you to trust the money is going to what your donating to???? I read the whole thread here and the original one before I commented.

But beyond all that it is a total lie what is written on that go fund me. It is sickening. If it would have been an honest plea about how they screwed up and are trying to right their wrong and what they did to this chameleon then I would have donated. BUT it is not even in the slightest. It is a LIE.

Being honest and ethical in life is important. When someone can not even admit to their wrong doing that is horrible and the lessons are not learned.

This was exactly how I felt. It was misleading and seemed shady. I was told though that it wasn't OP that made the gofundme and someone recommended him do it? I really have no idea.
And you were right in your assessment. It is shady and it is gross that someone would lie to get financial help from others.

Seems like people think being dishonest and not taking accountability in life is ok. They need to grow the hell up and realize that actions have consequences.

No one is roasting him. Don't indirectly talk to me like this. If you have a problem reach out. Why would I be searching the forums to know the OPS background. I saw this thread and it looked like a begging. I stand by that. Knowing more, he seems like an alright person and I don't mean to give him a hard time.
@jamest0o0 I made it a blanket statement not to single any one individual out and to prevent any further negativity. In several instances I’ve seen where we adopt herd mentality and attack...sometimes is well warranted. In op’s original post there was a nasty troll, so perhaps I’m overly sensitive/protective. I try to reign it in, but I can be an awful mother hen. We have seen far too many similar situations, but those were a bit different. I feel op is doing his best and is sincere in trying to make things right for this unfortunate cham when others have failed it. Yes, I agree that the ‘begging’ is unconventional and perhaps against forum ‘norms’, but op is unaware of that .
From what I know of you my Bug Lord, I think you’re most likely a really good person with a good and fair heart and brain...and I stand by that!:)

All we can do is assume, who knows maybe he wants to buy crack. I want to believe he is going to help out the Cham.
Donating is something that should come from your heart, not from a need to.
Don't believe everything you think.

All we can do is assume, who knows maybe he wants to buy crack. I want to believe he is going to help out the Cham.

Just laughing at the crack comment. That's an ambitious drug user.... reaching out to chameleon forums to help finance their addiction.

Like I said if it would have been an honest plea then I would have donated... It is not. The OP caused the issue and can not admit it in the go fund me. And if someone else wrote it and I am thinking it was a family memeber if that was the case since it was a new member. Then they should have read through the thread and written an honest assesment of the situation. And the fact that they are still calling it a he when it is a she is laughable as well. So when this poor cham that did nothing wrong tries to lay eggs and gets egg bound and dies are they going to admit to their part? Or still say they fulfilled all its requirements?

Back
Top Bottom