Help with vet costs.

just saying. mbd can not be cured by vets, or by any special treatment. It will never be reversed, it can only be stopped. soooo if you spend money on vets to try to "fix" the mbd, it is simply a waste of money. id use any donations you get to get things like heat lights, food, calcium powder, y'know. Supplies.

just saying. mbd can not be cured by vets, or by any special treatment. It will never be reversed, it can only be stopped. soooo if you spend money on vets to try to "fix" the mbd, it is simply a waste of money. id use any donations you get to get things like heat lights, food, calcium powder, y'know. Supplies.
Yes, and I want to stop It before it gets worse, it can get fatal if I don't start to treat it.

what im saying. is that a vet cannot help mbd any more than you can. it is a waste of money to go to a vet for mbd treatment. the vets cannot make mbd reverse. you can stop it though, and what isnt a waste of money is using the donations to buy the things that will stop his mbd from becoming worse, like uvb fixtures and bulbs, and calcium powder, calcium with D3, multivitamin supplements.

what im saying. is that a vet cannot help mbd any more than you can. it is a waste of money. mbd will not reverse. you can stop it though, and what isnt a waste of money is using the donations to buy the things that will stop his mbd from becoming worse, like uvb fixtures and bulbs, and calcium powder, calcium with D3, multivitamin supplements.
@MissSkittles this true?

lol i forgot you can get the chameleon calcium injections with a vet. other than that i think vets wont help at all with his mbd...
like there isnt much they can do

They do that!? I didn't know 🤐
lol i forgot you can get the chameleon calcium injections with a vet. other than that i think vets wont help at all with his mbd...
like there isnt much they can do
Yep, they sure do! And they help a lot with mbd so long as it isn't too progressed. If the chameleon is too far gone, of course it wont help...but I think this chameleon has a great chance if given calcium injections....provided the right lighting and supplements are purchased and administered.

Why do you have a Chameleon when you can’t afford to take care of it? Not trying to be a jerk, I’m just sick and tired of seeing crap like this.

If your a younger person I guess it’s understandable, if your an adult shame on you!

Why do you have a Chameleon when you can’t afford to take care of it? Not trying to be a jerk, I’m just sick and tired of seeing crap like this.

If your a younger person I guess it’s understandable, if your an adult shame on you!

My thoughts too... so you start off incorrectly, and then want people to pay to fix your mistakes? How about give the chameleon away if you can't afford the correct supplies.

My thoughts too... so you start off incorrectly, and then want people to pay to fix your mistakes? How about give the chameleon away if you can't afford the correct supplies.
I agree that someone who can’t afford the essentials shouldn’t be a caregiver, however, not everyone understands that chameleon keeping is soo extensive. I certainly did not! In Hawaii they are as common as a coconut (exaggeration but you know what I mean) if you are in the right places. So it’s easy to assume you can just stick them in a cage, throw them some bugs, and water them every now and then. In a place where chameleons are more exotic, tailored care would seem a bit more obvious. 😅

I agree that someone who can’t afford the essentials shouldn’t be a caregiver, however, not everyone understands that chameleon keeping is soo extensive. I certainly did not! In Hawaii they are as common as a coconut (exaggeration but you know what I mean) if you are in the right places. So it’s easy to assume you can just stick them in a cage, throw them some bugs, and water then every now and then. In a place where chameleons are more exotic, tailored care would seem a bit more obvious. 😅

Oh yeah I don't have any problem with someone making an honest mistake. I've done things like that in the past, especially as a kid. My issue is that if one can't afford even the simplest aspects of it, then they should give the animal away. Doesn't seem right to make a go fund me for other people to fix your own mistakes.

A vet CAN help with MBD. The chameleon needs the liquid calcium or injections because both of those are absorbed quickly and correct the calcium issue faster. Also, the chameleon needs extra calcium in addition to the proper UVB light and supplements and temperatures, etc. to strengthen the bones and muscles before it's too late. Although the bent/broken legs, etc that have already been the result of the improper nutrient balance can not be corrected by bringing the balance back, further damage can be prevented and the bones and muscles, etc made strong/right again.
Also, the vet can take X-rays to see that the bones are strong again.

If you all would read op’s initial post, you would see that getting a chameleon was not exactly op’s intentional choice. His brother obtained it for free from Craig’s List and then was unable to care for it, so op stepped up. Yes, we do see all too often that people get chameleons without thought to proper care or expense. However, it appears op is just trying to care for the animal that has otherwise been not properly cared for and been passed along. While soliciting for financial assistance is questionable and I’m not sure where forum rules fit in here, I ask that you please stop roasting op. Instead perhaps offer some constructive advice on how he may raise some funds in his community to provide needed care for the chameleon. From his posts, I assume op is a young person, but regardless he’s just trying to help this poor cham so be nice please. Thank you.

Although the bent/broken legs, etc that have already been the result of the improper nutrient balance can not be corrected by bringing the balance back,
this was what i was trying to get across by saying a vet wouldnt help.also i didnt think about the calcium injection thing either, so i am sorry about that, what i said about the vet not being able to help wasnt exactly true. feel like i did when i first joined. kinda stupid+ making a fool of myself

what im saying. is that a vet cannot help mbd any more than you can. it is a waste of money to go to a vet for mbd treatment. the vets cannot make mbd reverse. you can stop it though, and what isnt a waste of money is using the donations to buy the things that will stop his mbd from becoming worse, like uvb fixtures and bulbs, and calcium powder, calcium with D3, multivitamin supplements.

It true! Your chameleon need to see a good reptile vet. The vet will prescribe liquid calcium and give your chameleon an injection to draw the calcium back into the bones. Have you applied for care credit? I do have a friend with a rescue that I can put you in touch with. She has vets and is use to taking care of MBD chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom