Help with update please!!

Sewellau1

I have had my chameleon for almost 2 months now. He is a happy, healthy guy who has gotten very comfortable in his new home. He really trusts me and knows I’m the one giving him food. He’s eaten out of my hand every day and when I open his cage to feed he comes within only a few inches of me to eat. However, I have not tried handling him yet because I want to build lots of trust. Where can I go from here since he is already really comfortable with me? I need to be able to clean his cage and take him to the vet for a check up.

If you have free time turn on the netflix and put your hand in fir as long as you can. And later he will want to explore the outside then just place your hand in front of his enclosure and he will get out on you to transport him to the nearest tree. Good luck!

If you have free time turn on the netflix and put your hand in fir as long as you can. And later he will want to explore the outside then just place your hand in front of his enclosure and he will get out on you to transport him to the nearest tree. Good luck!
Whenever I have my hand in he just comes right to it wanting food, sometimes he even tries to eat my finger lol. What should I do about that?

Whenever I have my hand in he just comes right to it wanting food, sometimes he even tries to eat my finger lol. What should I do about that?
Well that is a really good sign. Feed him as much as he wants to eat. As I said he will want to come out eventually to explore bigger world except uf you have some enclosure of 10 meters big hahahaha

So I’m confused about handling once again. Whenever my hand even gets near him he darts to me because he associates it with food. I know y’all said just to stick my arm deep into his cage which I haven’t really tried because as soon as I even go to open his cage he comes straight to the front whenever he sees my hands. I have a chair right next to his cage that I will just sit at on my phone and he just comes right next to me and just stares.

So I’m confused about handling once again. Whenever my hand even gets near him he darts to me because he associates it with food. I know y’all said just to stick my arm deep into his cage which I haven’t really tried because as soon as I even go to open his cage he comes straight to the front whenever he sees my hands. I have a chair right next to his cage that I will just sit at on my phone and he just comes right next to me and just stares.
So I never recommend putting your hand in while you are working on trust building... This is his safe space not yours. Hands should be kept outside of the cage and let him come to you. Read through my blog on trust building https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/
Sounds like you are now at the point of holding your arm there for him to step up on to and holding a feeder farther up your arm. This way he has to come up your hand with his entire body on you to get the feeder. Hold there. Let him decide if he wants to stay on your hand or go right back in to the cage.

What kind of chameleon do you have? If it’s the one in your profile picture then you got a veiled.. now you have to understand veilds are the pit bulls of chameleons they’re naturally assholes it’s in their blood and to be honest they’re 90% bark and no bite and if they do bite let him he’ll learn your no harm

What kind of chameleon do you have? If it’s the one in your profile picture then you got a veiled.. now you have to understand veilds are the pit bulls of chameleons they’re naturally assholes it’s in their blood and to be honest they’re 90% bark and no bite and if they do bite let him he’ll learn your no harm
Yes he’s a veiled. He is really only a jerk to my brother when he has to feed him but even then veryyyy occasionally. He has no fear of people and will come right to us. One time he was falling off a branch so I had to lift him up and he has zero reaction.

Back
Top Bottom