Help With Spike

Yessabub

Established Member
He still isnt really eating im guessing its the winter thing. I heard about the window thing but wont that make him too cold. He is shedding right now, he has been for awhile i dont know why its taking so long but its coming off a little bit at a time. Hes very moody towards me, today i had him on my hand and he will keep running up my arm with his mouth wide open like hes gonna bite my face and i just keep picking him up before he does lol.

I'm guessing he isn't eating because he is still in shed. That's just my guess though. But I'm curious to what you mean by "the window thing".

My guys always eat but I have read on here where some slow down on eating when shedding and also in the winter. Veileds shed in sections. My guys are almost always shedding somewhere. Have you had a fecal to make sure he doesn't have parasites?

I dont think he has parasites everything is normal he just isnt eating his normal amount. Today for instance i left three good size nymphs in his cup all day and just a few minutes ago he decided to grab one. But yesterday i put about 8 crickets in his cup and he only grabbed 1 or 2 and he usualy will eat 8-10. Hes acting fine lots of energy and being very moody towards me lol.

They can be less inclined to eat yes. I imagine its quite itchy and uncomfortable. I just mist a bit more till its mostly done. They dont eat ravenously everyday in the wild, A few days of less food wont harm an animal in good condition. :)

My cham has what looks like to me some "dry" spots on his skin. That is a sign that he is starting to shed a little bit I am assuming or is that something i should be concerned about..

Sounds like the beginnings of a shed to me. If you can post a clear picture, it can probly be confirmed. They begin in odd places though. My guy sometimes begins on his casque, sometimes around his eyes first, or along his spine, or just on the sides.
I love it when their 'slippers' come off (skin on the soles of the feet) always funny.
My guy uses a hind leg to scrape shedding skin from his head, looks like dog scratching. :)

Back
Top Bottom