Help with Madagascar Giant Chameleon?

chriseyamie

Does anyone know the scientific name or maybe some information about this chameleon. Is it a jungle or mountain? what does the humidity and temp. need to be at? I just need some more information, she is happy enough right now but I want her to be as happy as my veiled. If anyone can help that would be great.

Attachments

• rachels pic+ 199.jpg
    rachels pic+ 199.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 230
Oustalets Chameleon or Furcifer Oustaleti

If that is a WC girl get a fecal done pronto-they are usually full of roundworm and by the looks of her she is WC. keep her exactly as you would your Veiled-basking low 90's maybe a bit more humidity-they are from Coastal Madagascar and mine live outside year round here in Florida.

thanks guys I found out what it was, I kept coming up with the ostalets, and that was my problem i work at a reptile store and there are some pretty smart people there lol i talked to one of them and it turns out shes a Furcifer verrucosus, but now I cant out if she is verrucosus verrucosos or is shes verrucosos semicristatus. Thanks for all your help

She is not a Furcifer verrucosus, she is a female Furcifer oustaleti. They are somewhat similar in certain regards but there is no doubt that you have a F. oustaleti. As Julie said, she can be kept like a veiled chameleon and since she is WC, you should get her checked for parasites.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom