Help! What is this yellow blob in his mouth?

Imoogie

So I got a video of him finishing eating a horn worm and you get to see the inside of his mouth. Now there's no black, he's not soar because of it, he's super active (like always on the go) eats lots drinks lots poops normal. He's himself happy, curious, adventures. But this seems to go away when he sheds then it comes back after a month Ish. Iv never been concerned because nothings ever changed in his behaviour or eating or even color he's always bright and happy never dark or angry. I took a wet qtip and very very gently wiped it, but I don't want to touch it with the wet qtips too much just in case. I'm booking a appointment with my herp vet just to be safe. But I can find anything that looks like it! And it looks like its covering his top teeth.

I couldn't see a yellow blob in his mouth in the video. I'd side with caution and take him to the vet to get checked out.

So I got a video of him finishing eating a horn worm and you get to see the inside of his mouth. Now there's no black, he's not soar because of it, he's super active (like always on the go) eats lots drinks lots poops normal. He's himself happy, curious, adventures. But this seems to go away when he sheds then it comes back after a month Ish. Iv never been concerned because nothings ever changed in his behaviour or eating or even color he's always bright and happy never dark or angry. I took a wet qtip and very very gently wiped it, but I don't want to touch it with the wet qtips too much just in case. I'm booking a appointment with my herp vet just to be safe. But I can find anything that looks like it! And it looks like its covering his top teeth.

Top jaw? Looks like a mouth infections, aka "mouth rot."

Yup. Time for vet visit to get that cleaned out and to get antibiotics. One of the easiest to recognize symptoms of a mouth infection is a misalignment of the lips - it's always something that merits prompt attention when you see it. It's really important to catch infections early.

A few weeks back, there was a guy trying to sell his panther that was fine "his lip was just flipped out". It was a massive mouth infection, but unfortunately I don't think he would listen to anybody. :(

Last edited:
Yup. Time for vet visit to get that cleaned out and to get antibiotics. One of the easiest to recognize symptoms of a mouth infection is a misalignment of the lips - it's always something that merits prompt attention when you see it. It's really important to catch infections early.

A few weeks back, there was a guy trying to sell his panther that was fine "his lip was just flipped out". It was a massive mouth infection, but unfortunately I don't think he would listen to anybody. :(
I think I saw that unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom