HELP! prolapse after sperm plug removed :/

I'm very glad your vet was able to help him.

I'm not sure that Jim Flaherty ofThe Chameleon Company meant that you should use sugar after the hemipenis has been put back in place.
If he doesn't reply, maybe you can send him an email or PM to ask.

I'm very glad your vet was able to help him.

I'm not sure that Jim Flaherty ofThe Chameleon Company meant that you should use sugar after the hemipenis has been put back in place.
If he doesn't reply, maybe you can send him an email or PM to ask.

thanks for the advice! already sent him a pm :)

this morning i got up to check on my boy. he's very active as usual but he is lacking his appetite :/ i guess this is from the stitch he had yesterday.

No, you only need sugar while there is a prolapse. Like Jim said, it works by reverse osmosis and in combination with cold water, if you are using any, will cause the tissue to shrink and go back into its rightful position in the body. Once he is back in order and stitched up you do not need to keep providing any sugar.

No, you only need sugar while there is a prolapse. Like Jim said, it works by reverse osmosis and in combination with cold water, if you are using any, will cause the tissue to shrink and go back into its rightful position in the body. Once he is back in order and stitched up you do not need to keep providing any sugar.

Just now checking back in. And thank you Olimpia. Whether powdered sugar, which I know from multiple experiences works very well, or the various other sugar pastes or solutions, which I do not have experience with, the key is to catch it early, while keeping the hemipene clean (simple water spray on occasion), and before irritation, injury, and/or extra swelling occurs, all of which will complicate the issue.

I did get the PM, but let me echo here what some others have said. If the vet did not recommend something for the swelling, with confidence, then I would be loathe to attempt any medical advice gotten here unless it was so basic as to me non-injurious if wrong. I suspect that the swelling will go down on its own, and that had the vet feared an infection otherwise, would have given you the appropriate antibiotics.

Good luck with all.

Back
Top Bottom