Help please

Mealworms are no good anyway. Have you gotten any of her fecals tested?
No. Someone in here told me her fecal looked good and I shouldn’t need to get it tested. I’m really not trying to sound cheep but I just spent so much money on her which is fine because I chose to recuse her. When I get my taxes I can bring her in to get it checked. Is it absolutely necessary right now? If it is I can try.

No. Someone in here told me her fecal looked good and I shouldn’t need to get it tested. I’m really not trying to sound cheep but I just spent so much money on her which is fine because I chose to recuse her. When I get my taxes I can bring her in to get it checked. Is it absolutely necessary right now? If it is I can try.
She should be eating much more with how young she is. It could be parasites (checked by testing fresh fecal samples), especially since she’s from Petco, or something else. If you can swing it, I would personally do it.

Also I forgot to mention how to cool her cage I know with glass it gets hotter in there. So I know the temperature at night should be 50 but I can’t get it down that low. The lowest I can get is 60-65. And the humidity I spray before her lights are off at 830 get it to 100. I’m up all through the night cause my son has sleeping problems so I check on her too. And by 1-2 am humidity is at 70-75. I tried the cool mist humidifier last night but I didn’t know how close to the cage I could put it.

Also I forgot to mention how to cool her cage I know with glass it gets hotter in there. So I know the temperature at night should be 50 but I can’t get it down that low. The lowest I can get is 60-65. And the humidity I spray before her lights are off at 830 get it to 100. I’m up all through the night cause my son has sleeping problems so I check on her too. And by 1-2 am humidity is at 70-75. I tried the cool mist humidifier last night but I didn’t know how close to the cage I could put it.
Do you use any heat sources at night?

Also I forgot to mention how to cool her cage I know with glass it gets hotter in there. So I know the temperature at night should be 50 but I can’t get it down that low. The lowest I can get is 60-65.
60-65 is perfectly fine at night. Of course the lower the better, but 60-65 is still within the acceptable range.
And the humidity I spray before her lights are off at 830 get it to 100. I’m up all through the night cause my son has sleeping problems so I check on her too. And by 1-2 am humidity is at 70-75. I tried the cool mist humidifier last night but I didn’t know how close to the cage I could put it.
70-75% is fine at night, at least until you get the screen cage. Then humidifying shouldn't be as sketchy. Just make sure the cage isn't overridden with fog since your ventilation is compromised. But once you get that screen cage and cover it up, you can fog as much as you want and you will be fine.

At the moment, everything seems fine--except for eating 4 items a day. Have you added more branches or a plant to make her feel more at home?

Do you have an A/C for the summers?

60-65 is perfectly fine at night. Of course the lower the better, but 60-65 is still within the acceptable range.

70-75% is fine at night, at least until you get the screen cage. Then humidifying shouldn't be as sketchy. Just make sure the cage isn't overridden with fog since your ventilation is compromised. But once you get that screen cage and cover it up, you can fog as much as you want and you will be fine.

At the moment, everything seems fine--except for eating 4 items a day. Have you added more branches or a plant to make her feel more at home?

Do you have an A/C for the summers?
No I’m waiting for the cage and everything to come in. I ordered a bunch of stuff for her new real plants and new vines. Yes we do use a ac for summer

I’m back with more questions lol where is the best place to get food? The only places I have around me is petco pet smart and pet supplies plus. I have only seen crickets mealworms waxworms hornworms but the hornworms are huge and I think I need small ones cause I read no bigger then the space between her eyes. I was thinking ordering online but was not sure

I’m back with more questions lol where is the best place to get food? The only places I have around me is petco pet smart and pet supplies plus. I have only seen crickets mealworms waxworms hornworms but the hornworms are huge and I think I need small ones cause I read no bigger then the space between her eyes. I was thinking ordering online but was not sure
Any of the food sponsors on here and more! Here’s a great recent thread on this:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/what-sponsors-to-buy-from.180822/

I just wanted to say, it's extremely refreshing seeing how much you are putting into your cham and fixing issues. You don't see that a lot from everyone. Great work!!
Thank you. I’m such a animal lover. I think my family is getting annoyed with me I’m constantly talking about her or about interesting things I have read about 😂 I did just had to turn down 2 baby bunnies that needed homes ASAP I couldn’t take on the responsibility right now I need to put my attention on camellia and getting everything she needs (my daughter named her lol) But I am looking for homes for the bunnies!

It's inspiring to see another new person take the time to put the proper care into the husbandry of their chameleon! I know I've learned a great deal from the forums in less than 2 weeks, and I wish every person had the sense that most people here do. Excited to see your gal thrive with you!

Late to the party here but I wanted to acknowledge that you took this chameleon into your care. That is admirable and I commend you for taking the time to learn and help her! I started my chameleon journey in a similar way as you and fell totally in love with chameleons. You’re in good hands on the forums.

So I talked to a vet today and told them how she’s not eating much. They told me because she’s in a new environment she might just be scared. I describe her fecal to them and they said it sounds normal. And the fact that she is eating some and drinking then I shouldn’t be to concerned. Also we talked about her cage and how I’m getting a new one. She agreed with the new one and also said the heat and humidity gets higher with glass and that can also turn her a way from food. We are going to give it a week and if she does not pick up on eating I’m going to make a appointment.

Or marine vinyl, PVC board, etc. @Chell try to use something opaque, not see through for the sides and back if you do cover any or all of those. If you need to cover the front for proper humidity, use clear marine vinyl for the big swinging door, and make sure to have the screen service door clear and not covered or blocked for adequate airflow with the chimney effect.
is it okay to do this if I ust to cover up the two sides where wires are hanging at? I worry about the water I spray getting the wires wet and causing a whole mess. If I put it on the outside of the screen would that work? Or is that going to cause issues due to less ventilation?

is it okay to do this if I ust to cover up the two sides where wires are hanging at? I worry about the water I spray getting the wires wet and causing a whole mess. If I put it on the outside of the screen would that work? Or is that going to cause issues due to less ventilation?
Putting on the sides of the enclosure is fine and what people usually recommend to retain humidity, you have the top front and back for ventilation. I’m not sure what you mean by wires? It should be placed on the outside, I’ve never heard anyone put it on the inside so I wouldn’t recommend it. I just realized this isn’t your thread lol

Back
Top Bottom