help!!please give me some info, and advise..

lcsphx

my female panther is a little over 2 years old, she was mated with my 8 month old ambanja, a while back , since then she laid her first clutch of eggs(as she has never laid any eggs prior) anyhow those eggs were laid 6 weeks after mating, and i assumed they were fertile, until i learned that most first batches are not going to end up making it. and all have molded. so now she has laid her 2nd batch this one was even bigger batch of 38 eggs and they all came out really white , though many seemed rather small, I thought for sure these would end up good . I have them in a 6" x 18" circular Tupperware with lid, each egg spaced an inch from one another and nestled in approx, 2 inch deep lightly moisten vermiculite, and stored in a dark cabinet at temps averaging 74-76 degrees. now these eggs are not exactly showing mold (at least not a type of mold that I am familiar with) but majority have gotten a bit darker colored almost a peach color of most of them are showing grayish stripes. so my questions are what is up with these gray stripes>should u i wipe them off? what reasons health wise or age wise are there that could cause eggs to be no good,(is 2 years old to old to start eggs) even if bred ? is it normal to have first and second batch no good or is that usually only with the first batch? do small eggs usually mean bad eggs(like the size of a large tic tac? has anyone ever had black molded eggs hatch? has anyone ever had 2 binded eggs hatch? are panther eggs and veiled eggs usually similar in size when laid? do eggs ever start to harden thru development stages? Is there a chance that I placed her in her laying tub too early(5 weeks after mating), and she went ahead and laid them- because she never was pacing her cage I just get nervous when it comes to the thought of egg bound and I put her into a 50 gallon tote with soil /sand mix and after a day or so, she proceeded to dig.
another thing confusing me is : I got a veiled female almost a year old and she laid her very first batch of 51 eggs 5 1/2 weeks after mating and her eggs are large bigger than a jelly beans, and all perfectly shaped, and after 10 days, only 2 started showing signs of mold, Now this was her very first time laying eggs, so, should these be expected to not make it? im so confused,,, I wish someone could post pictures of good vs bad eggs, along with all types of mold and causes. please let me know facts or experience with these issues I would greatly appreciate it thank you! oh forgot to mention both chams are well fed averaging 4-8 crickets and 2 super worms. i alternate the days with calcium and multivitamins for dusting the feeders with, I give my chams several hours in natural sun light outside, and uvb lamps while inside, feeders are gut loaded with cricket super food calcium fortified diet, and grated orange peels, carrots, kale, apple peels.

Can you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum please. Please be specific about the supplements in particular.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?female ambilobe panther, 2 yrs, about 6 months
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? i sometimes handle her daily to put her in tree outside, unless I bring her whole cage outside, all depends on weather, the other chams locations etc. other than that I rarely handle her
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?varies, I feed her crickets, super worms, and dubias, schedule isnt a set schedule, usually early afternoons, all depends on how long they feeders have gutloaded. (crickets dont live to long so i find my self buying them almost daily to feed the following day. feeders usually =4-5 crickets w/2 super worms, or 2 roaches 3 crickets and one super wormevery other day with 2 crickets between days, unless its close to egg laying time I cut her to once every other day
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?repashy dusted on one feeder eachtime, and use Rep-cal phosphorus-free calcium dusted on 3 -4 feeders every other day each, and use Rep-cal calcium w d3 dusted on one feeder once one a month.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?mist 3-4 times day each time approx. 32 oz 12 minutes sessions each tme , while outside mist is more, and approx 6 oz twice day drip unless outside where water is constant slow drip
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?dark ,kinda slimy coated with white urates
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
bump on her outer bottom lip
Cage Info:21/2 ft X2ft X2ft
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?screen
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?exoterra? 150 and often direct sunlight with plenty shaded areas as well
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?while indoors temps are averaging 75Degrees with basking area 78-80 degrees
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?45% guage Moisten towel with occasional humidifier
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?fake plants while indoors with real ficus branches in which i cut for her and place in her cage once in a while
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?quiet unused room to of cage about 7 ft.
Location - Where are you geographically located?phoenix az

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.produced 2 batches of eggs that ended up not being good?? molded . This was her very first time laying and eggs, and the second time , again eggs appear to be no good and came out relatively small but they did come out nice and white

Back
Top Bottom