Help please asap

luckyy15

I feel awful I've given my Cham the wrong dosage of reptaid. I read the dosage wrong I read it as 1ml per 100g weight but my partner said it is actually .1ml which on the syringe meanings 0.1ml I'm so worried now as it says overdose can cause serious side effects even death. This is the first day I've given it to him but really worried now. I feel so stupid and really bad can't believe I read it wrong I just looked at the syringe and mis read it thought it meant 1ml. I know it's herbal so I'm hoping he will be ok but just feel so bad and stupid

I feel awful I've given my Cham the wrong dosage of reptaid. I read the dosage wrong I read it as 1ml per 100g weight but my partner said it is actually .1ml which on the syringe meanings 0.1ml I'm so worried now as it says overdose can cause serious side effects even death. This is the first day I've given it to him but really worried now. I feel so stupid and really bad can't believe I read it wrong I just looked at the syringe and mis read it thought it meant 1ml. I know it's herbal so I'm hoping he will be ok but just feel so bad and stupid

I'm new to chameleons but I found this for you on their site:
COMBINING WITH DRUGS

Reptaid is not a drug. It is an herbal all natural alternative to drugs. It is not recommended that Reptaid be administered at the same time as any drug. If a course of drugs is underway, discontinue the drugs and just use the Reptaid. Or finish the course of drugs and then begin the use of Reptaid. Do not use at the same time.
Here is the site:http://www.reptaid.com/reptaidadministerchams.htm

My first thoughts would be to not give the next dose you planned and ensure lots of water is available. I am new, hoping someone jumps in with more advice.

reptaid od?

although dosages of any kind should always be triple checked, thats actually a fairly understandable mistake. when i bought my reptaid, the labeling was quite poor, in that, the text on the bottle label was so small, and the decimals on the label dosing instructions, were so small, that it was barely discernable to see even with a magnifying glass, and after it had and been sitting in the fridge for a couple of mths, the decimals werent visible at all, and the accompanying literature looked like it came from a desk printer with very fuzzy text and little black flecks all over the page, some of figures looked like they had decimals, others didnt, so i triple checked before dosing. all that being said, i think that reptaid is a viable product, but they should give clearer, more readable dosing instructions. reptaid may be herbal in nature but, od'ing with reptaid can kill, i think it is more of a danger with smaller chams that already have issues. since chams are delicately balanced in their nutritional needs, any form of oversupplementation or medication is a concern. whats done is done, but i would make some changes accordingly. an ailing cham should still have basking available, but i would reduce its available basking temp several degrees (to slow metabolism) by putting the basking light farther away for the time being. jmo, i would discontinue any and all supplementation for a week or two to see how this plays out, and give him a chance to flush his system, and as others have mentioned, i would make sure he has dripping water and wet foliage during most of the daylight hrs and encourage drinking if possible. i dont know what kind of cham you have, but i think it would be good if you could get him to eat some kale or cham friendly greens. you did not say how you administered the reptaid ? hopefully you did not mean by direct injection? jmo

Last edited:
Hi I spoke to Elliot from north west chameleons and he said he has had many people make the same mistake and the Chams have been fine but just to keep a close eye on him for the next 3-4days to make sure he dosent show any signs of illness or abnormal behaviour. This is day 4 after and he seems fine drinking well and still active and alert. He is even shedding now too which we have been waiting for the last couple of weeks as his skin has looked a bit dull and dry on top of his head. I've not given him any more since was going to wait a week at least to make sure he is ok especially now he is shedding too don't want to stress him out. I'm going to make sure I triple check from now on don't want to make that mistake again i felt such a idiot and I'm just so relieved he is ok

Sorry folks we were out of town but I did talk to this poster on the phone when he called. I was walking around the Smithsonian Institute at the time. As far as I know his chameleon was fine although an update would be great. There have not been a lot of people overdose their animals, just a few and it has not been a real problem.
As for the instructions sheet, if you got it from us, it was on a perfectly printed clear page from our laser printer. If you got it from someone else, and there are many reptaid dealers now, then I cannot answer for the conditon of the instruction sheet. But if anyone has any problems or questions I am always available to help. Just call my cell phone. 253-576-3309

Back
Top Bottom