HELP! out of ideas with water source!

armando

Hi everyone... soo, Ive always had a BIG issue with my male veiled...
He NEVER drinks water!!!
I have had him since he was 2 months old... now he is around 1 year and 5 months old...
I have him in a big reptibreeze cage with two big natural sheffleras... I have mist king that runs 3 times at day for 10 minutes each session. (morning, midday, afternoon). I have good drainage..
He also gets a dripping spot that will drip for half morning.
BUT I still cant get him to get a white urates... No mater how hard and what I try.
I have also sprayed him with water bottles...I have even taken him outside during long rains, and he still wont drink!! ( I hide away to see if he does drinks ..I know chams are shy drinkers).
No matter what I do, his urates are yellowish-orangy..
I have been kind of forcing him to drink... I show a superworm, and as soon as he shows his tongue, I drip a drop whit a needles syringe and get him into drinking mode, and this what I have been doing.
I tried to see if not doing this and making him thirst would be a solution, but it still wont drink after that... Im worried he gets sick because of this...
any ideaaas that I could try?

Hi everyone... soo, Ive always had a BIG issue with my male veiled...
He NEVER drinks water!!!
I have had him since he was 2 months old... now he is around 1 year and 5 months old...
I have him in a big reptibreeze cage with two big natural sheffleras... I have mist king that runs 3 times at day for 10 minutes each session. (morning, midday, afternoon). I have good drainage..
He also gets a dripping spot that will drip for half morning.
BUT I still cant get him to get a white urates... No mater how hard and what I try.
I have also sprayed him with water bottles...I have even taken him outside during long rains, and he still wont drink!! ( I hide away to see if he does drinks ..I know chams are shy drinkers).
No matter what I do, his urates are yellowish-orangy..
I have been kind of forcing him to drink... I show a superworm, and as soon as he shows his tongue, I drip a drop whit a needles syringe and get him into drinking mode, and this what I have been doing.
I tried to see if not doing this and making him thirst would be a solution, but it still wont drink after that... Im worried he gets sick because of this...
any ideaaas that I could try?

Well, he has lived 1 year and 3 months like this so he's getting some water somehow. What is your cage humidity level? Does he show other signs of dehydration such as real difficulty shedding, sunken eyes, constipation, or skin tenting (if you take a fold of skin between your finger and thumb, pull it away, let it go, does the skin stay peaked for a few moments after you release it? If so, that's called skin tenting and it is a sign of dehydration). Also, a dehydrated cham rubs its eyes a lot, loses appetite, and their tongue isn't very sticky. Does he eat fruit or veggies? He could be getting moisture from that.

Sometimes insect gutload ingredients like fresh carrots can give color to urates.

Nope.. none of those symptoms..
the only thing would be the urates...
He gets a good variety of feeders.. and they are all very well hydrated and gutloaded.
He looks fine and healthy... it just really worries me that his urates are not white!
Its very frustrating... and its also frustrating forcing him to drink

humidity would be around 40-70.. depending on misting sessions...
water doesnt stands long, since I live in a warm area.. (near to arizona)

Back
Top Bottom