Help, Oliver constantly claws and climbs near the same corner

froggielog

Established Member
Okay so for the past week every morning Oliver climbs up (all the way to the top) and down (about a foot from the bottom) repeatedly for at least an hour around the first few hours he is awake. I don't understand this, he eats,drinks and poops but he goes dangerously near the bottom. I know that going near the bottom is bad, but he always comes back up and never stays down there.
Is he just exploring?

Then I brought him to my outdoor cage for him and he immediately crawls down to the corners and is scratching away at them and butting his head at the net...Is he seeing all of the other plants around and wants out or something else?

Please help :(

Your Chameleon - Ambanja Panther,male,about a year

Handling - Rarely, today I did to bring him outside

Feeding - I feed him 1-2 dubia roaches a day (these are about adult size) I gutload with bug burger,this green blend I made up from sandrachameleon, kelp powder,bee pollen and sometimes dino fuel

Supplements - I use repashy all in one, and once a week at a little extra calcium with no d3

Watering - mistking, yes

Fecal Description - Normal white/brown poop. No

History - n/a

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2x2x4 Screen

Lighting - 60w basking bulb, reptisun 5.0, 6am-6pm

Temperature - 80: basking spot, low 70s is the lowest temp

Humidity - 40's, live plants and mister

Plants - Pothos and umbrella

Placement - In a corner of my room

Location - Texas

Current Problem - His behavior :(

Also the 2nd pic is of his cage

Attachments

• heuhwf.jpg
    heuhwf.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 198
  • dfghjk.jpg
    dfghjk.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 199
These are really awk pictures because the sun hits the net and makes a very annoying shadow on him.

Also he head bobs at spraying water..thats weird right?

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 173
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 228
  • w.JPG
    w.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
If you are finding him to be incredibly active around his cage in the morning it may be because he is on the hunt for more food. I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. If this activity was happening in the middle of the night when he should be sleeping that may be a different story. Your husbandry looks good. You may be able to bump your basking spot to 85 degrees to offer him some more heat. He can then go down lower to thermo regulate.

If you are finding him to be incredibly active around his cage in the morning it may be because he is on the hunt for more food. I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. If this activity was happening in the middle of the night when he should be sleeping that may be a different story. Your husbandry looks good. You may be able to bump your basking spot to 85 degrees to offer him some more heat. He can then go down lower to thermo regulate.

I think you're right, as soon as I fed him [outside] he moved up to the top and has been basking happily in the sun ever since

:) thanks

I'm not a big expert, but if he is looking for food maybe you could feed him a bit more? His fat pads are not very full, so I don't think that could hurt him:confused:
PS. My pather girl also head bobbs at water spray ;)

I'm not a big expert, but if he is looking for food maybe you could feed him a bit more? His fat pads are not very full, so I don't think that could hurt him:confused:
PS. My pather girl also head bobbs at water spray ;)

Will do! :) Thanks

Back
Top Bottom